British Speedway Forum
TheScotsman

Sheffo's Proctor Out!

Now that really is a bolt out of the blue! It will be interesting to see what further information comes out relating to this. Gutting news for the rider!

Squeaky bum time for a few others too maybe?

• Like 2

I love Damien Bates rant. I was informed 2 months ago that Proctor had 60 days to hit a 7 point average - I was bemused by the fact he was scoring so many bonus points. You think any work permit rider with a brain would be looking to score less bonus points to make sure they get/keep their work permits!

Im not shocked so why is Bates?!

Edited by SCB

could this have a knock on effect for a certain glasgow rider who is, i think averaging below 7. torrid time for speedway at the moment.

OH, AND JACK HOLDER

Edited by jenga

Not looked at the averages but surely Sheffield will be hoping when Bellego is fit again he can slot in in place of Proctor.

• Like 1

SCB - were you also informed of any others in this 60 scenario?

If so are you able to list who and how they could be affected?

Not looked at the averages but surely Sheffield will be hoping when Bellego is fit again he can slot in in place of Proctor.

averabe is higher than ty,s and could put em over the points limit.

SCB - were you also informed of any others in this 60 scenario?

If so are you able to list who and how they could be affected?

I was explicitly told about Proctor, he was named to me by one person. But someone else also informed me there were other short term visas too but no names mention, that could simply have meant one or many visas.

Totally speculating now but I'd guess any rider who didn't meet the criteria in March would have been given a temp visa to prove their worth, so Davies, Smith and Sedgmen(now over 7) in addition to Ty.

averabe is higher than ty,s and could put em over the points limit.

Expecting Sissis has dropped a point or so from his assessed 5 though?

Something fishy here. You get a visa or you don't. A boilermaker from Croatia doesn't get a visa that is conditional on his making a set amount of boilers in a given period.

It was Sheffield's signing of Ty Proctor mid-season last year that kicked off the whole "dodgy visa" scenario which has rocked speedway to such an extent. Is it because the visa authorities are based in Sheffield that they jump on Proctor and the Tigers in this way.

But I repeat, it's decidedly fishy. I refuse to believe there is a clerk at Visa House or wherever, sitting each morning and checking speedway results, deducting bonus points and then going rushing into their bosses' office shouting "Ty Proctor's dropped below seven!"

The article quoted at the head of this page states Sheffield have been informed he's out -- by who? The Visa people direct, or by the BSPA?

• Like 3

Something fishy here. You get a visa or you don't. A boilermaker from Croatia doesn't get a visa that is conditional on his making a set amount of boilers in a given period.

No you don't. You don't meet the criteria so you're told you have 60 days to move you're worthy.

Some of us knew of this situation, go and look at my latest post in the Sheffield 2015 thread!

As for Proctor/Bellego. As of the 1st of the month Proctors average is higher than Bellego, so there the solution. Sorted.

Edited by SCB

Proctor has fallen below expectations so far this year but surely sport is about what you achieve across a whole season? All seems rather harsh. If a rider receives a visa that should be that until the next season comes around.

EDIT just read SCB's above post about a temporary visa. Is this because Proctor's qualifying average was achieved in the EL?

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

This is just getting ridiculous now

• Like 6

It was Sheffield's signing of Ty Proctor mid-season last year that kicked off the whole "dodgy visa" scenario which has rocked speedway to such an extent. Is it because the visa authorities are based in Sheffield that they jump on Proctor and the Tigers in this way.

But I repeat, it's decidedly fishy. I refuse to believe there is a clerk at Visa House or wherever, sitting each morning and checking speedway results, deducting bonus points and then going rushing into their bosses' office shouting "Ty Proctor's dropped below seven!"

The article quoted at the head of this page states Sheffield have been informed he's out -- by who? The Visa people direct, or by the BSPA?

Don't kid yourself. When the whole fiasco of visa's was raised last mid season by the UKVI with the BSPA, they handed them a dossier of riders riding second halves being tried out for the next season. All Frickes first rides were in the dossier. So how did they know about them.