British Speedway Forum
TheScotsman

Sheffo's Proctor Out!

Having signed for Workington, does Mathew Wethers have the same kind of time as Proctor to get his 7pt average.

12 months? Like all work permit riders? As it is I'm sure I read Matty Wethers has GB citizenship or right to remain here or something like that, rather than a work permit.

12 months? Like all work permit riders? As it is I'm sure I read Matty Wethers has GB citizenship or right to remain here or something like that, rather than a work permit.

Correct Matty now has British citizenship.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Correct Matty now has British citizenship.

Then he shouldn't have to worry about Visas any more.

• Like 1

From the Sheffield Star.

Damien Bates has paid tribute to Aussie ace Ty Proctor who has arrived back in his home country.

Tigers were rocked last week when they were told Proctor had failed to meet the criteria for a working visa and had to leave the UK.

It has left a sour taste in the mouth of club boss Bates, who says he received mixed messages over the matter.

“It’s a week down the line and I’m still fuming about it,” he said.

“As a club we were comfortable with everything. We had done everything correctly in accordance with the advice we had been given from high-ranking officials within the sport.

“It’s a disgrace, quite honestly, but there is nothing we can do about it now and the lad is now back home in Australia with his career in tatters.

“The sad part about it all is that he has done a good job for the team. He’s had his injury problems, but this season he has been in the points and doing a great job.

“To then be told he has to go back to Australia is terrible, and I feel for the lad because he’s put his heart and soul into the situation.”

Bates admits he has no option but to cast an eye towards the end of this month and a potential replacement - as well as taking a view on the Simon Stead injury situation.

“We will have to look at what options may or may not become available,” said Bates. “It’s not easy at the moment, but we will get through to the end of next week and see what we can do with the team.”

Sheffield host Edinburgh this Thursday.

It has left a sour taste in the mouth of club boss Bates, who says he received mixed messages over the matter.

Yet he chose to listen to the message that suited him?

Edited by SCB

Yet he chose to head the message that suited him?

And not get anything in writing from the body whose opinion mattered?
  • Like 4

“It’s a disgrace, quite honestly, but there is nothing we can do about it now and the lad is now back home in Australia with his career in tatters.

Hardly - he just has to ride in the State Championships in the winter and meet the correct criteria, this time.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 5

Hardly - he just has to ride in the State Championships in the winter and meet the correct criteria, this time.

just like jack holder and ryan fisher do i suppose najjer;-)

Which are probably going to be the most competitive Aussie State Championships of all time!

Which are probably going to be the most competitive Aussie State Championships of all time!

or the complete opposite! wink

What makes it even worse, is that somebody said earlier in the thread that Sheffield were singled out for praise at the start of the year for their understanding of the visa workings, apparently - looks like they have egg on their faces now.

In hindsight Sheffield should have probably seeked advice from the management of the team you support.

• Like 1

Absolutely, those who fail to get a 7pt average by the end of the season will only have the State Championships if they want employment over here for 2016. That of course will now include Ty Proctor.

From the Sheffield Star.

Damien Bates has paid tribute to Aussie ace Ty Proctor who has arrived back in his home country.

Tigers were rocked last week when they were told Proctor had failed to meet the criteria for a working visa and had to leave the UK.

“It’s a week down the line and I’m still fuming about it,” he said.

“As a club we were comfortable with everything. We had done everything correctly in accordance with the advice we had been given from high-ranking officials within the sport.

“The sad part about it all is that he has done a good job for the team. He’s had his injury problems, but this season he has been in the points and doing a great job.

“To then be told he has to go back to Australia is terrible, and I feel for the lad because he’s put his heart and soul into the situation.”

Bates admits he has no option but to cast an eye towards the end of this month and a potential replacement - as well as taking a view on the Simon Stead injury situation.

“We will have to look at what options may or may not become available,” said Bates. “It’s not easy at the moment, but we will get through to the end of next week and see what we can do with the team.”

Sheffield host Edinburgh this Thursday.

So now we know where everything went t*ts up. Do you consult the engineer or the oil rag? I rest my case m'lud

If the statement is true they won't be the first team to receive duff info from high ranking officials within the sport.

Absolutely, those who fail to get a 7pt average by the end of the season will only have the State Championships if they want employment over here for 2016. That of course will now include Ty Proctor.

and those who have achieved the required average may well not compete???