Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TheScotsman

Sheffo's Proctor Out!

Typical BSPA. Why don't they come out and give us their take on the visa situation. Ty Proctor's average on the green sheet averages on the 6th of May was 6.44, So he did not get the 7 he needed or have i missed something.

On the contrary, I think it is up to Sheffield to put the story out, as they were his employers, and his sponsor for the visa.

• Like 1

On the contrary, I think it is up to Sheffield to put the story out, as they were his employers, and his sponsor for the visa.

Totally agree, I see Sheffield are saying "senior officials" at BSPA told them he would be OK! Looks like they haven't learned that it's not the BSPA who are calling the shots in this matter, they should be speaking and getting confirmation from senior officials at UKVI !

Edited by northyorksbear
  • Like 4

Totally agree, I see Sheffield are saying "senior officials" at BSPA told them he would be OK! Looks like they haven't learned that it's not the BSPA who are calling the shots in this matter, they should be speaking and getting confirmation from senior officials at UKVI !

Quite agree. If it was all down to the BSPA, why did other promotions also attend the visa training days. It's all down to the promotion adhering to the visa conditions,

So the Sheffield promotion needs to explain what went wrong then.

A rather moving article in this week's SS, stating that Ty was told on Tuesday not to ride at Glasgow, and to be out of the country by midnight. It's a pity that the Government isn't as harsh when it comes to the many undesirables being allowed to stay and scrounge or commit crimes repeatedly. Gutted for Ty, who doesn't deserve this.

While I get he doesnt meet the criteria and IMO that means it's totally correct he should not be allowed to ride. Kicking him out like that seems harsh. I thought I was pretty heartless but even I'd give him a month or so to pack up!

Just seen that Matt Wethers HAS FINALLY GOT his visa to race!! in the uk.Anyone know the problems he had?

It was shocking that he was caught up in all the visa problems. Pleased to see he can return to racing.

While I get he doesnt meet the criteria and IMO that means it's totally correct he should not be allowed to ride. Kicking him out like that seems harsh. I thought I was pretty heartless but even I'd give him a month or so to pack up!

I thought it would have been correct to give him a one month visitor visa to arrange his affairs before leaving. No common sense in the decision.

It was shocking that he was caught up in all the visa problems. Pleased to see he can return to racing.

I thought it would have been correct to give him a one month visitor visa to arrange his affairs before leaving. No common sense in the decision.

I've just heard about this and I am appalled.

As someone has already stated - it appears that it is OK for all the ne'er do wells, Terrorists, Thieves, Pickpockets and Trash from all over the World to come to this Country and screw as much as they can out of us - yet a fully employed Speedway Rider from our own Commonwealth is turfed out at a moment's notice.

That can't be right, surely.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 8

I've just heard about this and I am appalled.

As someone has already stated - it appears that it is OK for all the ne'er do wells, Terrorists, Thieves, Pickpockets and Trash from all over the World to come to this Country and screw as much as they can out of us - yet an fully employed Speedway Rider from our own Commonwealth is turfed out at a moment's notice.

That can't be right, surely.

Most of your comments are irrelevant and inaccurate in this post. Wasn't this a foreign national who was recruited to the Sheffield side last year and in doing so Sheffield put a British rider out of work; I think you'll find that is a breach of the rules - it ain't rocket science; you cannot do that. The new promotion at Sheffield clearly got it wrong and the fall out has now hit home. The employer is always responsible for obtaining the employees work permit; I don't think the employer is the BSPA in this case?

Most of your comments are irrelevant and inaccurate in this post. Wasn't this a foreign national who was recruited to the Sheffield side last year and in doing so Sheffield put a British rider out of work; I think you'll find that is a breach of the rules - it ain't rocket science; you cannot do that. The new promotion at Sheffield clearly got it wrong and the fall out has now hit home. The employer is always responsible for obtaining the employees work permit; I don't think the employer is the BSPA in this case?

Wrong.

I am talking about an injustice as I see it. An informed opinion if you like. Proctor has been in this Country now for about eight years.

Are my remarks about certain Immigrants coming here justified? - I would have thought that is self evident.

Wrong.

I am talking about an injustice as I see it. An informed opinion if you like. Proctor has been in this Country now for about eight years.

Are my remarks about certain Immigrants coming here justified? - I would have thought that is self evident.

Except its not an injustice. He hasnt met the terms of his visa so has been told to leave. He should be treated no differently to anyone else just because he rides a bike.

• Like 4

I doubt everyone else is given a few hours to get out of the country.

• Like 3

Except its not an injustice. He hasnt met the terms of his visa so has been told to leave. He should be treated no differently to anyone else just because he rides a bike.

we've had this discussion before - many people feel more culturally attched to commonwealth citizens than some European an other migrants

• Like 1

I doubt everyone else is given a few hours to get out of the country.

He will not have been given a few hours; there is always a right to appeal if you choose to spend the money and go down that route. However if you have no case why would you appeal? You should read more plenty are given a few hours notice; usually after a long process of argument and counter argument.

But he didn't know he was going to be kicked out so obviously no argument / counter argument.

And apparently he had to be out by midnight Tuesday. I do say apparently.

• Like 2