Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
TheScotsman

Sheffo's Proctor Out!

Something I am puzzled about is that I thought any visa was only valid for the length of the riders contract.

That being the case why was Proctors visa from May 14 acceptable if he was only contracted to the end of the 2014 season?

Thats probably one of the dodgy things the UKV&I looked into and investigated.

I doubt everyone else is given a few hours to get out of the country.

He hasn't had a few hours notice. He's had a years notice..

This might sound a daft question but how can he get a new visa,does he have to meet the Aussie criteria and finish in the Tpo 4 of state championship then reapply to UK for visa if he wants to come back?

A bit of a contradiction there don't you think?

Yes you are correct. The point to be made is that plenty are shipped out on a few hours notice where they have breached or overstayed their visa. It happens all the time; in this instance I get the feeling that Sheffield and Proctor should have been aware for a long time that they were in breach, as employee and employer, of the regulations. Another post indicates they have known of this issue for a year and the "few hours notice" is in effect the final act of a long process; if they appealed they probably would have extended this process. They appear to have have not appealed.

The interesting aspect of this is if Proctor has been working illegally/overstayed his visa, or whatever, who at the BSPA has the balls to deduct his point from all of the fixtures he's ridden in? In most other sport an incorrectly registered competitor means huge penalties for the club concerned and you can't get more incorrect than a visa breach!

The final point to be made is that old Commonwealth Citizens are not British Citizens; we didn't want them all coming over in the 1970's (not quite true the "white ones who looked like us" were okay so we let them in if their parents/grandparents were born in Britain). The result is what we see here; nothing to do with the EU or any other immigrant visitors; everything to do with our small minded little islander mentality!

Yes you are correct. The point to be made is that plenty are shipped out on a few hours notice where they have breached or overstayed their visa. It happens all the time; in this instance I get the feeling that Sheffield and Proctor should have been aware for a long time that they were in breach, as employee and employer, of the regulations. Another post indicates they have known of this issue for a year and the "few hours notice" is in effect the final act of a long process; if they appealed they probably would have extended this process. They appear to have have not appealed.

The interesting aspect of this is if Proctor has been working illegally/overstayed his visa, or whatever, who at the BSPA has the balls to deduct his point from all of the fixtures he's ridden in? In most other sport an incorrectly registered competitor means huge penalties for the club concerned and you can't get more incorrect than a visa breach!

The final point to be made is that old Commonwealth Citizens are not British Citizens; we didn't want them all coming over in the 1970's (not quite true the "white ones who looked like us" were okay so we let them in if their parents/grandparents were born in Britain). The result is what we see here; nothing to do with the EU or any other immigrant visitors; everything to do with our small minded little islander mentality!

He hasn't ridden illegally. His work permit expired this week. Until then everything was fine. Once his work permit expired he had 24 hours (that seems to have been extended to 72 hours) to leave the country.

He hasn't ridden illegally. His work permit expired this week. Until then everything was fine. Once his work permit expired he had 24 hours (that seems to have been extended to 72 hours) to leave the country.

where do you get your 'facts' from ?

My point is that if Sheffield have known of a problem for 12 months, it sound like his work pattern did not match the work permit. i.e. there was a problem with him using that work permit to ride for Sheffield; if there wasn't a problem then Sheffield wouldn't have "known" their was a problem for 12 months. I hope this follows logically. Therefore if the problem was that the work permit didn't allow him to work for Sheffield, then there is an argument that his points should be deducted. What other sort of problem could there be that has brought this sad situation about?

Lets not forget a Brit was put out of work to accommodate an immigrant; in any other profession most people would be going ballistic about that fact alone! Perhaps that is the "known" problem?

My point is that if Sheffield have known of a problem for 12 months, it sound like his work pattern did not match the work permit. i.e. there was a problem with him using that work permit to ride for Sheffield; if there wasn't a problem then Sheffield wouldn't have "known" their was a problem for 12 months. I hope this follows logically. Therefore if the problem was that the work permit didn't allow him to work for Sheffield, then there is an argument that his points should be deducted. What other sort of problem could there be that has brought this sad situation about?

Lets not forget a Brit was put out of work to accommodate an immigrant; in any other profession most people would be going ballistic about that fact alone! Perhaps that is the "known" problem?

The 12 month issue is they knew when his visa would be expiring. They also knew what target he had to achieve to obtain a new one.

He wasn't riding illegally in the meantime.

He could have been in breach of his visa in the 2015 season though if its validity ended with his contract expiry at the end of the 2014 season.

If they then recontracted him for the whole of 2015 on a visa that only ran to mid May then that cant be legal. ???

where do you get your 'facts' from ?

Various places/people. Are you saying you believe my facts to be wrong?

You seem to be getting confused. He had a 12 month work permit in mid-May 2014. That expired this week (mid-May 2015). There has been no problem. No illegal riding.

All that has happened is he has tried to re-new his work permit this week and that has been refused because he no longer meets the criteria. As soon as he was refused he has stopped riding and is subsequently going to leave the country this weekend according to reports.

Who is this brit that has been put out of work by Proctor riding for Sheffield because I cant find anyone who has averaged 8.26 current average or his rolling average ? We are in need of a replacement so let us know and we can try and fit him in.Cheers

Who is this brit that has been put out of work by Proctor riding for Sheffield because I cant find anyone who has averaged 8.26 current average or his rolling average ? We are in need of a replacement so let us know and we can try and fit him in.Cheers

Erm, the one currently in your team? ;)

Various places/people. Are you saying you believe my facts to be wrong?

YEP

YEP

Go on then, what have I got wrong? I'm happy to be educated. Unlike a few on here who get arsey when someone disagrees with them.

Go on then, what have I got wrong? I'm happy to be educated. Unlike a few on here who get arsey when someone disagrees with them.

Well said SCB. :t::approve: :approve: