British Speedway Forum
TheScotsman

Sheffo's Proctor Out!

Go on then, what have I got wrong? I'm happy to be educated. Unlike a few on here who get arsey when someone disagrees with them.

ah, now that's where i have to drop out because i can't divulge due to confidences . there are parts of your info that are incorrect though

Go on then, what have I got wrong? I'm happy to be educated. Unlike a few on here who get arsey when someone disagrees with them.

Oh yes, there certainly are!

• Like 1

ah, now that's where i have to drop out because i can't divulge due to confidences . there are parts of your info that are incorrect though

These posts always crack me up - next you'll be saying "if you think you can do better, how about you give it a go!"

• Like 1

How can Nico Covatti be Italian and Facundo Albin be Spanish when they are Argentinians? Do they have parents or grandparents who are European?

These posts always crack me up - next you'll be saying "if you think you can do better, how about you give it a go!"

the problem is some people do get told information that is not in the public domain and cant say anything because of who told them

others discuss the rights and wrongs of what is in the public domain

that's life I am afraid

Everything that needs to be known is in the public domain.

Proctor didn't meet the requirements for a new visa.

End of story.

Anything else is just trying to deflect the blame.

Everything that needs to be known is in the public domain.

Proctor didn't meet the requirements for a new visa.

End of story.

Anything else is just trying to deflect the blame.

Is it though? As I understand it Roynon was sacked so Proctor could be employed. I have to tell you there is no way a Visa would be issued with the agreement of the authorities in that scenario. A foreigner replacing a British employee has to have a really strong argument behind it with the justification usually being unique skills/experience etc for that to happen. Therefore if Sheffield authorised his Visa I reckon they were in trouble from that moment on. If he was riding on a Visa issued by another employer that also has it's issues as I understand it isn't a straight transfer as such. Was he racing for an Elite parent club last year or something like that? I'll ask the wife she used to get all sorts of Johnny Foreigners in to the country to work in her industry; but they could clearly demonstrate unique job requirements/skills.

the problem is some people do get told information that is not in the public domain and cant say anything because of who told them

others discuss the rights and wrongs of what is in the public domain

that's life I am afraid

Any information I am given that is not to be put in the public domain I do not use in a public place to imply I know something someone else doesn't or to try and demean without being able to provide the proof

That's common decency I am afraid

• Like 5

Erm, the one currently in your team? ;)

Obviously not as hes employed by us now and rode in the same team as proctor up until Tuesday ?????????????? As proctor rode last season how was he keeping garritty out as I recall he was employed by RYE HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I understand it Ty was sponsored by Wolverhampton last year and rode for Sheffield at some point which contravened UKVI regulations. It may well be that Sheffield were in the dark but brought a migrant worker in, who they did not sponsor, to replaced a settled worker. This is a direct contravention of the UKVI policy. I also understand that Ty applied for permanent leave to remain which did not meet the criteria as he had broken his UK employment/residential status and the reason for this could not be taken into consideration. He did not qualify to race in the PL in 2015 as his average was blighted by injury but and a big but he has an EL average that would allow him to race in the EL for the club who sponsored him as he meets that criteria.

My opinion is that both Sheffield and Ty have been shafted although Sheffield knew when they built their team that Ty had a 60 day curtailment which has taken effect. A job in the EL with his sponsor would have saved his curtailment.

A sad, very sad situation that could have been avoided if he had been given a job in the EL at the outset of the season or saved if he was employed by his parent/club.

Please don't speculate, Ty is a victim of the Promoters of two clubs who tried to work the system and failed and if the truth be known others have escaped by the skin of their teeth.

• Like 1

As I understand it Ty was sponsored by Wolverhampton last year and rode for Sheffield at some point which contravened UKVI regulations. It may well be that Sheffield were in the dark but brought a migrant worker in, who they did not sponsor, to replaced a settled worker. This is a direct contravention of the UKVI policy. I also understand that Ty applied for permanent leave to remain which did not meet the criteria as he had broken his UK employment/residential status and the reason for this could not be taken into consideration. He did not qualify to race in the PL in 2015 as his average was blighted by injury but and a big but he has an EL average that would allow him to race in the EL for the club who sponsored him as he meets that criteria.

My opinion is that both Sheffield and Ty have been shafted although Sheffield knew when they built their team that Ty had a 60 day curtailment which has taken effect. A job in the EL with his sponsor would have saved his curtailment.

A sad, very sad situation that could have been avoided if he had been given a job in the EL at the outset of the season or saved if he was employed by his parent/club.

Please don't speculate, Ty is a victim of the Promoters of two clubs who tried to work the system and failed and if the truth be known others have escaped by the skin of their teeth.

Is this opinion or based on some further knowledge?

Because it sounds like opinion to me. The whole thing. As none of it matches any of the facts.

Shaun it is unfortunately the facts but ask yourself who it was that allegedly said it was OK for Ty to ride in place of Roynon and then subsequently avoided employing him in 2015. Let's be honest as a new promotion you would rely on the advice given be someone more experienced han yourself particularly if it was what you wanted to hear anyway

Shaun it is unfortunately the facts but ask yourself who it was that allegedly said it was OK for Ty to ride in place of Roynon and then subsequently avoided employing him in 2015. Let's be honest as a new promotion you would rely on the advice given be someone more experienced han yourself particularly if it was what you wanted to hear anyway

I'll take your word on this one. as I wouldn't trust those running clubs,the fact the whole sorry mess was brought up and investigated in the winter is enough for me to not trust them on these matters.

As a new promotion I would be speaking directly to the immigration authorities. All this 'he said' 'they said' crap is just covering up negligence.

Sheffield signed the rider.

Sheffield didn't ensure they knew the full picture.

Sheffield are at fault.

• Like 1