British Speedway Forum
TheScotsman

Sheffo's Proctor Out!

Any information I am given that is not to be put in the public domain I do not use in a public place to imply I know something someone else doesn't or to try and demean without being able to provide the proof

That's common decency I am afraid

I would go along with what you are saying, but it is interesting that as well as The Saint not divulging where his sources came from neither does SCB.

I would go along with what you are saying, but it is interesting that as well as The Saint not divulging where his sources came from neither does SCB.

Surely I have posted enough on the BSF over the years (and on this subject superficially) for you to know if you can trust what I say or not and that I know which sources to ignore and which give reasonable info that I'm able to pass on.

I didn't come on here claiming I knew something but wasn't able to say (I never have) but on this one najjer and I were abble to leave enough hints - sadly I can't find mine, they have been lost amongst number other post but I was able to quote najjers on the Sheffield 2015 thread earlier in the week.

TBH, it doesn't really matter now. Proctor hasn't got a work permit. Sheffield will have to replace him and luckily they have a read made replacement in Bellego. We could all sit here discussing, moaning and complaining about this one and suggesting we know this and he knows that but it wont make a tiny bit of difference.I just hope that the promoters (at all clubs) are able to learn from this one - though I doubt it.

Edited by SCB

Please don't speculate, Ty is a victim of the Promoters of two clubs who tried to work the system and failed and if the truth be known others have escaped by the skin of their teeth.

To me, this is the most infuriating and indeed frightening bit. Over the course of the last year, the UKVI have landed on speedway like a ton of bricks but by most (if not all) accounts they have acted more than reasonably, forgiving past misdemeanours and wiping the slate clean for the future.

Literally months into this new agreement we have promotions trying to flaunt it.

Are these people stupid, ignorant or both ?

Is this opinion or based on some further knowledge?

Because it sounds like opinion to me. The whole thing. As none of it matches any of the facts.

From what I have heard, BB has it spot on.

About time Speedway realised, making up Rules to suit themselves and ignoring the Laws of the Land only ends up one way.

As a new promotion I would be speaking directly to the immigration authorities. All this 'he said' 'they said' crap is just covering up negligence.

Sheffield signed the rider.

Sheffield didn't ensure they knew the full picture.

Sheffield are at fault.

I agree with your view but as far as I am aware Sheffield were fully aware of the situation all along and simply tried to buck the system.

Totally their fault and what's worse they will merely reinforce any view that the UKVI hold that speedway promotions cannot be trusted at all.

• Like 1

Any information I am given that is not to be put in the public domain I do not use in a public place to imply I know something someone else doesn't or to try and demean without being able to provide the proof

That's common decency I am afraid

but also anyone in this thread is only commenting on what is in the public domain, none of us know the full facts, and we never will unless all the parties involved disclose all they know.

so we are commenting on what someone has been told, as presumably none of us were party to the actual discussions between the rider / promotion / BSPA, be it the truth or not

Everything that needs to be known is in the public domain.

Proctor didn't meet the requirements for a new visa.

End of story.

Anything else is just trying to deflect the blame.

can you name your sources, the ones who were present at all the meetings who have told you ALL the facts, or would they rather not be named?

but also anyone in this thread is only commenting on what is in the public domain, none of us know the full facts, and we never will unless all the parties involved disclose all they know.

so we are commenting on what someone has been told, as presumably none of us were party to the actual discussions between the rider / promotion / BSPA, be it the truth or not

can you name your sources, the ones who were present at all the meetings who have told you ALL the facts, or would they rather not be named?

But the relevant rules are all in the public domain. If proctor was granted - or believed he was granted - special exemption surely both he and Sheffield would make sure they got it in writing from ukvi.

If they did I'm sure we would have heard by now as they would have grounds to appeal.

If not then we don't need any additional information, or to have attended meetings, to know where the blame lies.

the problem is some people do get told information that is not in the public domain and cant say anything because of who told them

others discuss the rights and wrongs of what is in the public domain

that's life I am afraid

Anyone else see the irony in these two posts? Lol. Point missed methinks. You claim to have privileged info but 'can't disclose, can't say anything' (other than of course to imply that you are in the know and put across you should not be questioned) but want others to have sources and disclose them for their opinions! And even though others are pointing out how they have formed their OPINIONS you still try to stick with the 'name your sources' line pmsl

• Like 2

I'm certainly not naming my source on a public forum.

SCB responded to this point rather eloquently earlier. As he said, its a matter of trust.

I have crossed swords with Bewitcher a couple of times but I have never had cause to suspect that he entirely fabricates the circumstances he states or embellishes them to any degree for malicious or spiteful ends.

• Like 1

Yes, it's really very simple.

For a rider to be given a new visa, he requires to have achieved a rolling average of 7 or above. Source, the rules as per the BSPA site.

Proctor didn't achieve it and therefore has been rejected for a new visa.. Source, UK Immigration, this thread, Sheffield Speedway and the fact he is on his way out of the country!

That is it. There is no need for any other source.

What anyone may or may not have said is completely and utterly irrelevant. All that matters is what is in writing.

I agree with your view but as far as I am aware Sheffield were fully aware of the situation all along and simply tried to buck the system.

Totally their fault and what's worse they will merely reinforce any view that the UKVI hold that speedway promotions cannot be trusted at all.

What makes it even worse, is that somebody said earlier in the thread that Sheffield were singled out for praise at the start of the year for their understanding of the visa workings, apparently - looks like they have egg on their faces now.

At last Thursday's meeting, the announcer said something along the lines of Sheffield being given duff information by a 3rd party which led to this situation. Unfortunately the announcer was somewhat coy about the specifics, so we were all left wondering what the information was, who gave it, and whether this same person may have given 'duff' information to other promotions / riders.

I appreciate a number of people on the forum are clearly better informed than I am and I think I now understand why Ty was refused a renewal to his Visa (although I don't agree with the decision). I can now attempt to explain to my daughter why her favourite rider has left the country. Hopefully no other riders / teams suffer the same fate during the season.

• Like 1

At last Thursday's meeting, the announcer said something along the lines of Sheffield being given duff information by a 3rd party which led to this situation. Unfortunately the announcer was somewhat coy about the specifics, so we were all left wondering what the information was, who gave it, and whether this same person may have given 'duff' information to other promotions / riders.

I appreciate a number of people on the forum are clearly better informed than I am and I think I now understand why Ty was refused a renewal to his Visa (although I don't agree with the decision). I can now attempt to explain to my daughter why her favourite rider has left the country. Hopefully no other riders / teams suffer the same fate during the season.

I was not at the meeting this Thursday, but I am told that the the announcement was made as you have stated.

Privately I have my own suspicions and theories as to what has happened, and private is where it will stay.

Having signed for Workington, does Mathew Wethers have the same kind of time as Proctor to get his 7pt average.