British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Longtrack Grand Prix 2015

Joonas Kylmakorpi won the first round of the 2015 Longtrack Gp series in front of a massive 16.500 crowd yesterday in Herxheim, Germany. Dmitri Berge scored a suprising second place and wildcard rider Michael Hartel got third!

Result:

1. Joonas Kylmakorpi - 22 (3,4,4,1,4,2,4)
2. Dmitri Berge - 18 (0,2,4,4,4,1,3)
3. Michael Hartel - 18 (4,3,R,3,2,4,2)
4. Jannick de Jong - 17 (3,d,3,4,3,3,1)
5. Mathieu Tressarieu - 20 (4,4,2,3,4,3,0)
--
6. Erik Riss - 15 (4,4,d,2,3,2)
7. Jorg Tebbe - 15 (2,0,4,2,3,4)
8. Theo Pijper - 15 (2,3,3,4,2,1)
9. Josef Franc - 7 (R,2,3,2,R,0)
10. Dirk Fabriek - 7 (R,1,2,3,1,0)
--
11. Andrew Appleton - 7 (2,1,2,0,2)
12. Stephane Tressarieu - 5 (d,3,1,R,1)
13. Richard Hall - 5 (3,0,d,1,1)
14. Glen Phillips - 3 (1,1,R,1,0)
15. Stephan Katt - 3 (1,2,0,0,F)

My photo's here: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/705/kylmakorpi-slaat-terug-in-een-bomvol-waldstadion-.html

• Like 1

This meeting was also for the 2015 A.D.A.C. German Golden Helmet, won by Kylmäkorpi in the top scorers final.

German domination yesterday at the Longtrack GP Challenge in Werlte. The meeting got postponed from saturday eve to sunday afternoon after bad weather forecast. Turned out to be a great decision as the weather was great yesterday. The event was won by speedway kid and local hero Kai Huckenbeck who only rode his third longtrack meeting in his career.

The top 3 of the event are qualified for the 2016 GP Series, so new boy Huckenbeck is one of the new names for next years GP's. The podium got completed by two veterans; current GP rider Jörg Tebbe and a very happy Matthias 'Matten' Kröger who secured third after finishing fourth in the final. All the points counted for the final classification. Worth mentioning that after the semi finals 4 riders landed on 20 points before heading into a straight shoot out for the top 3.

Full results here: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/108/wk-langbaan-challenge-werlte.html

And my photo's: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/786/kai-huckenbeck-wint-de-langbaan-gp-challenge-in-werlte-.html

Just wish we had long track in uk

Just seen 2 meetings, 1976 world final in Marianske Lazne and sometime in the 70's at Prestatyn, north Wales

German domination yesterday at the Longtrack GP Challenge in Werlte. The meeting got postponed from saturday eve to sunday afternoon after bad weather forecast. Turned out to be a great decision as the weather was great yesterday. The event was won by speedway kid and local hero Kai Huckenbeck who only rode his third longtrack meeting in his career.

The top 3 of the event are qualified for the 2016 GP Series, so new boy Huckenbeck is one of the new names for next years GP's. The podium got completed by two veterans; current GP rider Jörg Tebbe and a very happy Matthias 'Matten' Kröger who secured third after finishing fourth in the final. All the points counted for the final classification. Worth mentioning that after the semi finals 4 riders landed on 20 points before heading into a straight shoot out for the top 3.

Full results here: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/108/wk-langbaan-challenge-werlte.html

And my photo's: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/786/kai-huckenbeck-wint-de-langbaan-gp-challenge-in-werlte-.html

Any idea Jesper how come Huckenbeck did so well?

Huckenbeck is quite a talent on the bike. But as a clubrider I guess he had some pre meeting practice at the Werlte track ;). He got some brilliant equipment as well.

Last year at his first LT meeting (also Werlte) he got 8th in the German championship, started as a reserve he made it to the semi finals (2 instead of 3 rides). His second meeting was a bigger event; Open International meeting in Vechta. He came second, but would have won it if he wasn't distracted by a photographer with a red light (he was leading in that race).

Huckenbeck is quite a talent on the bike. But as a clubrider I guess he had some pre meeting practice at the Werlte track ;). He got some brilliant equipment as well.

Last year at his first LT meeting (also Werlte) he got 8th in the German championship, started as a reserve he made it to the semi finals (2 instead of 3 rides). His second meeting was a bigger event; Open International meeting in Vechta. He came second, but would have won it if he wasn't distracted by a photographer with a red light (he was leading in that race).

This is what I find "interesting" in longtrack. Riders like Appleton, Phillips, Kröger... someother spend years and years, possibly a couple of decades on the LT and are the "champions" and draw cards. Then comes Kai Huckenbeck, Joonas Kylmäkorpi, Cameron Woodward and others, even A-P Mustonen with a bucket load of cash, buy the right kit and are winners by a margin...

Do you know why Mustonen is not in Eenrum?

He's pulled out from the GP's this season. Spoke with him on saturday and his knee is still pretty bad. So he decided to opt against the GP's. He has raced and will again tomorrow in our speedway league, but with GP level and short tight tracks in the LT, he thought it would be best to leave it. I havent really followed him that closely, but I think the next op will be 4th on his left knee. If and when it happens, they'll pin it so that the ligaments can stay still for about 3 months. Will probably happen this autumn.

Oh dear, that's a pity. In Muhldorf he said he was quite keen on doing more LT. Shame :( Good point about the tracks, Eenrum, Vechta and Morizes are not realy 'long tracks' lol.

Thanks for the info :t:

This is what I find "interesting" in longtrack. Riders like Appleton, Phillips, Kröger... someother spend years and years, possibly a couple of decades on the LT and are the "champions" and draw cards. Then comes Kai Huckenbeck, Joonas Kylmäkorpi, Cameron Woodward and others, even A-P Mustonen with a bucket load of cash, buy the right kit and are winners by a margin...

That's why I could never take it very seriously. Years back, part-time longtrackers like Gundersen, Moran, Nielsen and (then) Tatum used to rock up and beat the regulars.

That's why I could never take it very seriously. Years back, part-time longtrackers like Gundersen, Moran, Nielsen and (then) Tatum used to rock up and beat the regulars.

Quite.Smolinski would probably be world champ by now if he hadn't have qualified for the speedway GP series and I have often said Chris Harris should take up LT if he wants to be a world champ.Wasting hi time finishing 14th or so in the speedway series.Guess it shows the level of professionalism in LT when part timers can take the sport up and within a few meetings are top of the world

Kylmakorpi continued his victory strike at the second round in Eenrum which was held yesterday in front of 3000 people under dreary weather conditions. It was a miracle that the meeting went ahead after very bad weather forecast. Current world champ Erik Riss got second and vice champ Jannick de Jong made it to the third place.

Dirk Fabriek made a shock comeback to the longtrack world after a huge crash in Scheessel 3 months ago. Fabriek broke two vertebrea in his back and also one in his neck. He was determined to come back to the sport and did pretty good with 11 points overall, including a emotional heat win in his second race.

Full result: http://live.baansportfansite.nl/event/110/wk-langbaan-gp-2-eenrum.html

My pics here: http://www.baansportfansite.nl/nieuws/807/kylmakorpi-bouwt-voorsprong-in-wk-verder-uit-na-overwinning-in-eenrum.html