British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Birmingham Brummies V Eastbourne Eagles - Koc - 20/05/2015

all clubs would love to have a no7 with parents and grandparents who are loaded own the track and sponsor the team .. talent has no part in his inclusion. money does !!

if he was Kelsey Smith , he wouldn't have a team place

what a load of rubbish.

• Like 1

We can't moan about Kelsey he is a good Number 7 think of our 7 last year in Halsey yes I know league difference but he scored 1 or 2 a meeting in the same position as Kelsey who scores 6 or 7 at home which is much better and he is doing a great job for his first season.

• Like 1

all clubs would love to have a no7 with parents and grandparents who are loaded own the track and sponsor the team .. talent has no part in his inclusion. money does !!

I have read some ill informed comments on here before, but this has got to be up there with the best of them.

During the Kings Lynn match Martin Dugard was interviewed, and his comments about Kelsey were pretty hard. There is no way that he would have said the same things about other Eastbourne riders, he certainly does not get preferential treatment. Kelsey may have had a better opportunity to get into speedway than many others, but he is earning his team place. The bottom line is would any other team want to sign a number seven with an assessed average of 3 who is averaging 5.58. Answer all of them.

• Like 4

Jim i think you may have it wrong as Kelsey has not paid to join the team, Money does not buy you points and no matter how much money you have will never buy you points, Look at other riders who did not have any money ie Danes as in Hans and Olsen came to the UK and earnt every penny.

I think if kelsey had the best bikes all the money and practiced every day of the week which we all no that cant happen with the stadium being used for Stock car racing, he would not be much better at 16, Other riders who have more talent but less money soon drop by the way side.

Money does not buy points or team places if your going to win any silverware, Talent is priceless, money will help to point you in the right direction for a while but it will soon become apparnet it will never make you win races, dedication and the love of the sport is the biggest thing,

Kelsey runs a good race at Eastbourne because he has been around the track many times but stuggles away from Home, If he finds his feet then that is upto him, Money does not come into it. Maybe Jim thats where your outlook on speedway is not correct and very backward, taleneted riders will always go forward same as Ward, Wilson Dean, George wood, what makes it better for them is Help and Support. Maybe you should try it.

Edited by catinthehat

I have read some ill informed comments on here before, but this has got to be up there with the best of them.

During the Kings Lynn match Martin Dugard was interviewed, and his comments about Kelsey were pretty hard. There is no way that he would have said the same things about other Eastbourne riders, he certainly does not get preferential treatment. Kelsey may have had a better opportunity to get into speedway than many others, but he is earning his team place. The bottom line is would any other team want to sign a number seven with an assessed average of 3 who is averaging 5.58. Answer all of them.

Hey JIM have a look at Hebbs comments all FACTS #pipe #smokeit

lol

People make posts like this on forums just to get a response and to wind others up, It gives them great pleasure.

Quite amusing really

So Kelsey makes a few mistakes and falls off a fair bit. If you talk to people who remember the good old days of speedway, that's a good grounding for being a multiple world champion. Some of them spent so much time sat on the track instead of the bike they tried to ban them.

If Kelsey has a problem with his name then it's due to being called Kelsey. Who the hell calls their kids Kelsey? Wasn't Keith or John good enough? Kids at school like to pick on those who are different so I bet he had a great time growing up with a name like that. Does Dugard Snr have another offspring called Jayzee as well?

• Like 1

If Kelsey has a problem with his name then it's due to being called Kelsey. Who the hell calls their kids Kelsey? Wasn't Keith or John good enough? Kids at school like to pick on those who are different so I bet he had a great time growing up with a name like that. Does Dugard Snr have another offspring called Jayzee as well?

bit strong there :oops: i believe there is a suit maker in america that Mark Loram used when winning the World Championship in 2000 Kelcey NJK Leathers - not going to lie its a pretty cool name and to say youre the only person in speedway with that name is pretty cool rather than probably two of the most boring names like Keith and John :lol:

Dugard SNR other offspring is Connor - quite a standard name.

• Like 1

You think Martin Dugard is "soft" on his son? Kelsey is in on merit and nothing else.

I missed that . can you show me where i said it ?

Most of the quick riders fall a lot early in there careers it means they are having a go,, and eventually they go fast without falling,,,think most clubs would swop at least one of their reserves for Kelsey Dugard...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

Most of the quick riders fall a lot early in there careers it means they are having a go,, and eventually they go fast without falling,,,think most clubs would swop at least one of their reserves for Kelsey Dugard...

If I had an NL team I definitely would . I would have taken him this year sight unseen as well . and it wouldn't matter how many times he fell or how his results were I would keep him in the team regardless

Pity there's not a dislike button on the forum as this daft post would cause it to meltdown

• Like 1

If I had an NL team I definitely would . I would have taken him this year sight unseen as well . and it wouldn't matter how many times he fell or how his results were I would keep him in the team regardless

am I missing something? or is this the biggest U-turn since putin said he had no interest in Ukraine. :shock:

• Like 1

am I missing something? or is this the biggest U-turn since putin said he had no interest in Ukraine. :shock:

Yes your'e missing something .. Durhhhhhhhhhhh . sarcasm is wasted on the stupid !!!