British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Birmingham Brummies V Eastbourne Eagles - Koc - 20/05/2015

I must admit i am at a loss, with regards the criticism of Kelsey Dugard, he is 16 in his first season of NL racing and is averaging well above 3 points per meeting, in a lot of the other Teams Cradley included he would have been in the main Team with his average. Just what do people expect ?? this is the NL which is a learning League, to gain experience on and off Track, any newcomer attaining above a 3 point average in his first season is doing well. This is NOT the EL or PL where newcomers have an assesed average and supporters usually expect them to score above that, I have seen Kelsey twice this season at Perry Barr and imo Kelsey is doing just fine, and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Right to the meeting on Wednesday as a neutral: Birmingham well led by the NLs Top rider the unbeaten Adam Ellis, he was superbly backed up by Zach wotsisname, and skipper Tom Perry who found BWD just to fast for him, but otherwise had the beating of Eagles riders, Alex Wilson i would persevere with him on the pace, and i can see there is a rider there, now to the two big problems for Birmingham Adan Kirby i have been supportive of Adam in the past, however i will say it as i see it, this is Adams 3rd season of NL racing he is NO better now than he was 3 years ago, he still has his falls, he still has his EFs and so therefore he still only scores 3/4 points per meeting, he should in this seasons watered down NL be scoring more than that, he needs to take a long hard look at himself and his equipment, and now to Harvie Banks in one heat which Zach Wotsisname won, i looked across at where Harvie was as Zach crossed the finish line, he was HALF a lap behind, YES half a lap that equates to around 7 seconds, now its pretty obvious Harvie is not 7 seconds worse, its a matter of confidence and equipment, and for his own sake he needs to be rested bcuz right now he doesnt look likely to score a point unless its gifted.

Eastbourne they were superbly led by BWD, who found Adam Ellis just to fast to get by him, but otherwise he had the beating of Brums riders, Mark Owen i felt was a little dissapointing, didnt look comfortable around Perry Barr, and i expected double figures from him, David Mason i didnt expect much from him, and thats what we got, Matty Bates again he was dissapointing i expected more, Kelsey Dugard did what was expected of him, always on the pace despite taking a very heavy fall in i think his first race, then Georgie Wood what a good find by Eastbourne, always in the thick of the action loves the wide lines, and never gives up.

A entertaining nights racing, around Heat 9/10 i thought Eastbourne were going to nick it, but The Brummies fought back and took a 5 point lead for the second leg, it wont be enough but with a change or two down the lower order though where they will come from i dont know, maybe they could have a look at the local Grass Track or even more so at the Moto Cross area, that seems to be where the Worralls, Williamson, Wood and a few others have graduated from recently, they will be around abouts come the end of season.

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

I must admit i am at a loss, with regards the criticism of Kelsey Dugard, he is 16 in his first season of NL racing and is averaging well above 3 points per meeting, in a lot of the other Teams Cradley included he would have been in the main Team with his average. Just what do people expect ?? this is the NL which is a learning League, to gain experience on and off Track, any newcomer attaining above a 3 point average in his first season is doing well. This is NOT the EL or PL where newcomers have an assesed average and supporters usually expect them to score above that, I have seen Kelsey twice this season at Perry Barr and imo Kelsey is doing just fine, and anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Right to the meeting on Wednesday as a neutral Birmingham; well led by the NLs Top rider the unbeaten Adam Ellis, he was superbly backed up by Zach wotsisname, and skipper Tom Perry who found BWD just to fast for him, but otherwise had the beating of Eagles riders, Alex Wilson i would persevere with him on the pace, and i can see there is a rider there, now to the two big problems for Birmingham Adan Kirby i have been supportive of Adam in the past, however i will say it as i see it, this is Adams 3rd season of NL racing he is NO better now than he was 3 years ago, he still has his falls, he still has his EFs and so therefore he still only scores 3/4 points per meeting, he should in this seasons watered down NL be scoring more than that, he needs to take a long hard look at himself and his equipment, and now to Harvie Banks in one heat which Zach Wotsisname won, i looked across at where Harvie was as Zach crossed the finish line, he was HALF a lap behind, YES half a lap that equates to around 7 seconds, now its pretty obvious Harvie is not 7 seconds worse, its a matter of confidence and equipment, and for his own sake he needs to be rested bcuz right now he doesnt look likely to score a point unless its gifted.

Eastbourne they were superbly led by BWD, who found Adam Ellis just to fast to get by him, but otherwise he had the beating of Brums riders, Mark Owen i felt was a little dissapointing, didnt look comfortable around Perry Barr, and i expected double figures from him, David Mason i didnt expect much from him, and thats what we got, Matty Bates again he was dissapointing i expected more, Kelsey Dugard did what was expected of him, always on the pace despite taking a very heavy fall in i think his first race, then Georgie Wood what a good find by Eastbourne, always in the thick of the action loves the wide lines, and never gives up.

A entertaining nights racing, around Heat 9/10 i thought Eastbourne were going to nick it, but The Brummies fought back and took a 5 point lead for the second leg, it wont be enough but with a change or two down the lower order, they will be around abouts come the end of season.

there isn't really any criticism , just one moron.

Right to the meeting on Wednesday as a neutral: Birmingham well led by the NLs Top rider the unbeaten Adam Ellis, he was superbly backed up by Zach wotsisname, and skipper Tom Perry who found BWD just to fast for him, but otherwise had the beating of Eagles riders, Alex Wilson i would persevere with him on the pace, and i can see there is a rider there, now to the two big problems for Birmingham Adan Kirby i have been supportive of Adam in the past, however i will say it as i see it, this is Adams 3rd season of NL racing he is NO better now than he was 3 years ago, he still has his falls, he still has his EFs and so therefore he still only scores 3/4 points per meeting, he should in this seasons watered down NL be scoring more than that, he needs to take a long hard look at himself and his equipment, and now to Harvie Banks in one heat which Zach Wotsisname won, i looked across at where Harvie was as Zach crossed the finish line, he was HALF a lap behind, YES half a lap that equates to around 7 seconds, now its pretty obvious Harvie is not 7 seconds worse, its a matter of confidence and equipment, and for his own sake he needs to be rested bcuz right now he doesnt look likely to score a point unless its gifted.

A entertaining nights racing, around Heat 9/10 i thought Eastbourne were going to nick it, but The Brummies fought back and took a 5 point lead for the second leg, it wont be enough but with a change or two down the lower order though where they will come from i dont know, maybe they could have a look at the local Grass Track or even more so at the Moto Cross area, that seems to be where the Worralls, Williamson, Wood and a few others have graduated from recently, they will be around abouts come the end of season.

Thats a fair report for the meeting and have to say that Birmingham won as they were the better side on the night, maybe not enough points to go to Eastbourne but we will see come monday.

you better stop posting then . before you make yourself look even more stupid

the worst thing that ever happened in speedway , was the Worralls , is it impossible for anyone to see that they are the exception rather than the rule . and giving team places to people on the strength of a reputation gained in MX will lead to more signings of no hopers . the most idiotic signing on the strength of an MX reputation has to be the signing of Emerson Jones at Stoke . he hadn't even turned a wheel for stoke except in the MDL where he proved he had little clue about speedway by getting beat by raw novices , yet still walked around the pits like he was Greg Hancock and then quit . so lets hear of any others from MX who have pulled up stumps . or maybe we should water the NL down a bit more and see if we can attract a few kids in from BMX as well . just what the paying public want to see ..

There is very little criticism of Kelsey in general really, that's why I chose to ignore the couple of posts that did.

He's doing what we need him to don't know what the fuss is about really