Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Islanders Fans Forum This Thursday...

brilliant news for speedway , crap news for me, still got nowhere to go on a Tuesday. :sad:

Sweden haha ? :P

Wasn't it poor attendances that forced them to quit speedway?

I remember being there for a PL meeting in October (may have possibly been their final PL season). There couldn't have been more than 150 people in attendance.

Speedway crowds are down all over the place.

While I'm genuinely pleased to see the Islanders return, but I'm not overly convinced it'll work as an PL project, unless someone with deep pockets is bankrolling it

• Like 4

Wasn't it poor attendances that forced them to quit speedway?

I remember being there for a PL meeting in October (may have possibly been their final PL season). There couldn't have been more than 150 people in attendance.

Speedway crowds are down all over the place.

While I'm genuinely pleased to see the Islanders return, but I'm not overly convinced it'll work as an PL project, unless someone with deep pockets is bankrolling it

I can assure you that PL will not be considered unless it works at NL level and there is definitely nobody with deep pockets bankrolling this project. This has to run as a profitable business.

I can assure you that PL will not be considered unless it works at NL level and there is definitely nobody with deep pockets bankrolling this project. This has to run as a profitable business.

i doubt there are many tracks in the whole country that are run as a profitable business. As a former smallbrook regular, I wish the new venture all the success it deserves, but the crowds were poor in the islanders last season. It's that stretch of water that is the biggest obstacle to any revival.

i doubt there are many tracks in the whole country that are run as a profitable business. As a former smallbrook regular, I wish the new venture all the success it deserves, but the crowds were poor in the islanders last season. It's that stretch of water that is the biggest obstacle to any revival.

of course you are right but it is also a big attraction to someone like me. the trouble is I only want to go over once a year, which I guess is the problem.

The only advantage over the other recent proposals, Bristol, Norwich, Milton Keynes, is that there is already a stadium ready to be used.

seen as it's going to be Thursday racing on the island could the powers that be please put one of the possible 1/2 doz meetings for this year on the 14th july . I can do that one.