British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tiger's 25th May

My observations from Newcastle

1) track was rank rotten

2) the ref was inconsistent (didn't have any great bearing on the score but it annoyed me)

3) the tractors were on the track more than the bikes

4) we were let down by a rider who is scoring way below his average

5) hearing "Super Steve Worrall" is particularly annoying

6) some riders need to learn how to get round tight, narrow tracks

my observations of your observations

1) It wasnt

2) he wasnt

3)They wernt

4)You were

5)It is

6)They do or you come to the wrong conclusion you did in observation number 1)

:)

• Like 4

Any news on Rosen??

Our new averages come in at roughly 40.06 a massive 2.44 under the 42.5 limit... Surely our promotion will be looking at options to strengthen the team if Rosen is still struggling, we would have 8.5 or so to replace him.... Harsh i know but the chance is there.

Thorsell, Bech, Michelsen??

Dreaming :)

Thorsell would tempt me for sure. But for his broken wrist, he would have ridden for us in the year Rosen initially joined us. But have you forgotten last years' debacle? If a re-shuffle is in the air lets just hope all the i's have been dotted and the t's truly crossed lest the BPSA bite our asses yet again.

Pity it wasn't like that for the meeting then.

Looked good enough to me. Not our fault if the away riders failed to do there homework for a known technical track.

Thorsell would tempt me for sure. But for his broken wrist, he would have ridden for us in the year Rosen initially joined us. But have you forgotten last years' debacle? If a re-shuffle is in the air lets just hope all the i's have been dotted and the t's truly crossed lest the BPSA bite our asses yet again.

Looked good enough to me. Not our fault if the away riders failed to do there homework for a known technical track.

Which is known to be grippy by choice.

I dont think we will, but the option is there and have plenty of points to play with, tonight has maybe papered over a few cracks, although i hope weve turned a corner results wise

My observations from Newcastle

1) track was rank rotten

2) the ref was inconsistent (didn't have any great bearing on the score but it annoyed me)

3) the tractors were on the track more than the bikes

4) we were let down by a rider who is scoring way below his average

5) hearing "Super Steve Worrall" is particularly annoying

6) some riders need to learn how to get round tight, narrow tracks

That's Super Stevie Worrall, if you want your rant to be totally accurate. As to the rest- maybe the extra shale added did add to tonight's fun just a little.

• Like 2

Summers knows Brough inside out, how we prepare the track and usually flies around the place so cant see how it threw him/them??.... Certainly didnt for the first 5 heats anyway.

I dont think we will, but the option is there and have plenty of points to play with, tonight has maybe papered over a few cracks, although i hope weve turned a corner results wise

my observations of your observations

1) It wasnt

2) he wasnt

3)They wernt

4)You were

5)It is

6)They do or you come to the wrong conclusion you did in observation number 1)

:)

This is funny :lol:

Any news on Rosen??

Our new averages come in at roughly 40.06 a massive 2.44 under the 42.5 limit... Surely our promotion will be looking at options to strengthen the team if Rosen is still struggling, we would have 8.5 or so to replace him.... Harsh i know but the chance is there.

If a change was really going to be made this early, I'd rather see Christian go to reserve and bring in a 6.22 rider for Lewis R, no offence on him but he has struggled so far this season (Granted he has been great to watch this weekend), but I don't have a clue which decent 6.22 rider could come in so I'd rather let Anton come back and keep the team how it is :)

1. Lewis Kerr

2. Anton Rosen/6.22

3. Steve Worrall

4. 6.22/Rosen

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Christian Henry

Just another thought, probably really stupid like all my other ones :) Why is Fricke not riding in the PL this year, Visa? Because I would love this team if we could tempt him...

1. Max Fricke

2. Christian Henry

3. Lewis Kerr

4. Steve Worrall

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Lewis Rose/Ashley Morris

What would Thorsell's average be in the PL?

Edited by In the end
  • Like 1

Is Sarjeant going to miss vital meetings?he should be those to go if that is the case.Is he a Glasgow asset?

Coventry asset. He is only due to miss another 2 meetings for Glasgow. Would be madness to replace him. I would always prefer him to ride for me than against.

• Like 1

Any news on Rosen??

Don't forget the two uppermost factors;

1) There are very few decent riders actually available on a Sunday,

2) More importantly the team has been built to a set budget.

Dont expect any major changes.

• Like 1

It's probly right that people are talking about changes,,, we've been dealt some cruel luck so far, but to pull that meeting out the bag last night was brilliant... With a four man team, 2 had to stand up and they did,,, I didn't think it would happen early on, but after that inspired ride from Ritchie Hawkins (not one of my favourites), in ht 8, I started to believe we could do it, and hats off to him for that, shame he lost his last ride, but don't think he would've been able to hold off Lawson for 4 laps either,,,

If we could get our 7 riders fit and to show the spirit they did last night,,, we would have a cracking team, a mean, we even out scored the opposition in the last 3 races, that doesn't happen often especially up against the likes of Morris and Lawson :-)

• Like 1

This is funny :lol:

If a change was really going to be made this early, I'd rather see Christian go to reserve and bring in a 6.22 rider for Lewis R, no offence on him but he has struggled so far this season (Granted he has been great to watch this weekend), but I don't have a clue which decent 6.22 rider could come in so I'd rather let Anton come back and keep the team how it is :)

1. Lewis Kerr

2. Anton Rosen/6.22

3. Steve Worrall

4. 6.22/Rosen

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Christian Henry

Just another thought, probably really stupid like all my other ones :) Why is Fricke not riding in the PL this year, Visa? Because I would love this team if we could tempt him...

1. Max Fricke

2. Christian Henry

3. Lewis Kerr

4. Steve Worrall

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Simon Nielsen

7. Lewis Rose/Ashley Morris

What would Thorsell's average be in the PL?

at the start of the season an aussie couldn't double up, but now I believe they can take

secondary employment by taking out a second visa, however after max fricke's good score in Poland

with Rybnik, I very much doubt he will ride for Newcastle on a sunday :)

Once Sarj gets an average him being missing won't be such an issue as you'll get 7 point guests for him. Just need to get those away meetings in to get him an average!

Once Sarj gets an average him being missing won't be such an issue as you'll get 7 point guests for him. Just need to get those away meetings in to get him an average!

Wow has he really upped his average that much

Any news on Rosen??

Sorry mate, but you really are dreaming - the three riders you mentioned are all ineligible to double up/down, as they carried over an average in excess of 6.00 from last year