British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Newcastle Diamonds V Glasgow Tiger's 25th May

Well done Newcastle but a very poor result for the Tigers. The new owners have every right to be asking questions of some performances. Was Kozza Smith really a heat leader ? Is Lawson really an Elite League heat leader ? Shame Sargeant isn't available as I'm wondering if he would have been as effective as Rose tonight. I suppose it's a good wake up call that you can't buy success, but if the owners are serious about league titles, one or two riders need motivating pretty quickly.Again, well done to the Diamonds for a very gutsy win.

• Like 1

Trying not to over-react but by the looks off thing's we were completely let down tonight and i am sure ar*ses will be getting kicked maybe we are aiming too high and believed the hype that we were this or that but i am afraid that was un-acceptable and we are maybe not as good as we thought we were.

Smith cost you tonight if he just scored his average or close to it you probably would of won. If he doesn't improve soon and you want to win the league you will need to get rid soon IMO before Sarjeant gets a proper average.

Well whilst i could not get down for this tonight it looks as if we managed to grab defeat from the jaws off victory i know it is still early in the season for us but looking at the scores of our rivals they are all banging in away wins in some style.

Newcastle were understregnth tonight and we really should have been targeting all 4 points or at least 3 one point from Kozza is unacceptable i am afraid and if we are to be regarded as contenders then we should have been winning this tonight.

Well done to the Diamonds though they dug deep and pulled off an unlikely victory but to say i am bitterly disappointed is an understatement could have been worse i suppose having to drive back from Newcastle after that would have been s*it

Wonder what Stewart will be saying too Kozza right now jacket must be on a shaky peg i would imagine but completely p*ssed off right now.

Trying not to over-react but by the looks off thing's we were completely let down tonight and i am sure ar*ses will be getting kicked maybe we are aiming too high and believed the hype that we were this or that but i am afraid that was un-acceptable and we are maybe not as good as we thought we were.

Definitely points dropped after being well ahead. Its probably worse knowing that the 0131's won there last weekend though we won't get better chances than this. There will be a raft of team changes at the next set of averages with teams strengthening up all over the place. We have a run of away matches from the end of June and we need to start making them count, with points.

As it is we don't have a home meeting for a fortnight then its EDI away and home the following weekend and they are capable on the road!

Smith cost you tonight if he just scored his average or close to it you probably would of won. If he doesn't improve soon and you want to win the league you will need to get rid soon IMO before Sarjeant gets a proper average.

I am saying this through gritted teeth here but i agree 100% with you for a change as i say we must give the Diamonds credit and well done to them but they were so depleted it is totally un-aceptable to have thrown that away tonight big decisions need too be made and quickly before it is too late.

You can maybe say that it is only one meeting and we will bounce back but continuing to carry someone on that average with the points return we are getting is not going too win you anything and ultimately that is what the new owners are wanting.

That's a blow , but credit Newcastle they must have dug really deep being so understrength . Credit where credit's due , but that should have been a fixture we should have been looking to win .

• Like 2

Definitely points dropped after being well ahead. Its probably worse knowing that the 0131's won there last weekend though we won't get better chances than this. There will be a raft of team changes at the next set of averages with teams strengthening up all over the place. We have a run of away matches from the end of June and we need to start making them count, with points.

As it is we don't have a home meeting for a fortnight then its EDI away and home the following weekend and they are capable on the road!

A lot more capable than us that is for sure in all honesty Edinburgh would have hammered home the advantage against an understregnth team as the Diamonds were tonight whilst we rolled over and handed them the win on a silver platter by the looks off it.

Chill guys its only 1 match

True , we did manage to get at least a point out of the meeting

My words at heat 4 were cricket score!!

Id love to know what changes Rose made as he went from zero to hero in the space of 5 mins, brillant first bend and great bit of team riding from Stevie Worrall in heat 12 shifted the pedulum tbh.. Lovely to watch.

• Like 2

Maybe but it will escalate into a lot more than one match if we continue to get the points return we are getting from some on the road.

True , we did manage to get at least a point out of the meeting

Jeez your calmer than the likes of gazc who is calling for heads to roll.

Edited by Dekker
  • Like 1

Jeez yur calmer than the likes of gazc who are calling for heads to roll.

Ive calmed now just had some gas & air

But it was still S*ite though.

Jeez yur calmer than the likes of gazc who are calling for heads to roll.

Nah , what's the point of that ? It's not as if we're losing home meetings or owt like that , no need to panic .
  • Like 1

I think some Weegie fans have been believing their own hype. I said after seeing them at the start of the season that they looked better on paper than they did on track.

Something mustn't be right with Kozza 'cos he certainly is so much better than what he has been showing so far.. either that or Glasgow just isn't suiting him at all :-/

• Like 1

I think some Weegie fans have been believing their own hype. I said after seeing them at the start of the season that they looked better on paper than they did on track.

Something mustn't be right with Kozza 'cos he certainly is so much better than what he has been showing so far.. either that or Glasgow just isn't suiting him at all :-/

Maybe he just needs a bit of match fitness . The stop-start way the season has started because of rain-offs hasn't helped him . They're only human and hopefully he rides his way out of this bad spell . I don't think any of us thought we were title favourites , but I still think we'll make the play offs as long as we don't lose too many of our riders through the doubling up irritation as the season progresses
  • Like 2