British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

To be honest I hope it is not a "budget" engine but a serious competitor for GM. The only rider I know at anywhere near International standard on Jawa at the moment is Smolinski.

Although I applaud the thinking behind an engine that can last longer between servicing, if it isn't fast enough then no one will want it whether National League, Premier League or Tiddlywinks League.

If more engines come on board that are direct competition for GM then it will create a better and competitive market place. Having an essentially one series engine is no good for any motorsport in the long run, unless you are basing that motorsport on already production based vehicles.

• Like 1

Let's be honest, Bomber used it in ine race in a GP abd nobody would have said the bike he was on was any lesser a bike/engine than his other rides. Just because the target isn't a top class engine doesn't mean it won't happen

From what I saw of Bomber race, the engine certainly had the speed, if he had not nearly hit the rider in front, I think you would have seen a better idea of what it could do. Hope to see more of it, to get a better idea of what it has to offer.

It looks like it could well be used in the PL or NL if the price is right and may even be used in the higher leagues. Just needs to prove that it can compete with GM. Only time will tell. But things seem to be going well for it.

From what I saw of Bomber race, the engine certainly had the speed, if he had not nearly hit the rider in front, I think you would have seen a better idea of what it could do. Hope to see more of it, to get a better idea of what it has to offer.

It looks like it could well be used in the PL or NL if the price is right and may even be used in the higher leagues. Just needs to prove that it can compete with GM. Only time will tell. But things seem to be going well for it.

Surely its a GM case with a multitude of after market parts inside it

IT has to be competitive and both reliable and durable because that is where the savings will kick in not with the up front price, although as stated it will come ready built and not in kit form.

Not what I have Seen/heard. I also heard that BMW have some input/interest in it as well...

What a tease you are Phil

APPARENTLY 'negotiations' have not been finalised so have to wait another week...

NO connection with GM whatsoever and no after market parts either...

Not what I have Seen/heard. I also heard that BMW have some input/interest in it as well...

NOT BMW ... either

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Toby Kroner was the one racing with a BMW engine

This has to be the future of regular speedway,personally I think it's the only was the sport will survive in the long run

Toby Kroner was the one racing with a BMW engine

This has to be the future of regular speedway,personally I think it's the only was the sport will survive in the long run

Don't think it was/is a BMW engine.It was built by someone who worked for BMW,but was a private project

Emil was testing it a couple of years ago!

Ashley Holloway is "just" a tuner, and a very good one at that....

His main client is Emil, who uses Ash to tune his GM Engines

http://www.ash-tech.pl

ASH-TECH was established in 2007 and has been at the forefront of speedway engine tuning ever since.

For testing and problem solving we have a DYNOMET Rolling road

After porting & polishing, heads are flowtested on our state of the art SUPERFLOW SF260 and together with the FLOWCOM & PERFORMANCE TRENDS port analysis program we can make the perfect port every time.

We use a combination of the MIRA VGX 21 with centralising dial gauges and COMEC RV 516 for the perfect valve seats.

Valve springs are tested and logged into our database with the COMPU-SPRING PT200 Spring tester.

Cleaning is performed in our OZZYFILTER bio cleaner, Then put through our heated wash machine for a perfect finish before re assembly.

Here is a list of the companys we co operate with:

GM Engines, Italy

X-Ti LLC, Russia

Trick Titanium, USA

PAC, USA

Ferrea, USA

FSW, Italy

Grosswachter Racing Parts, Germany

I noticed Peter Karlsson was on a Gerhard engine tonight at Leicester!

Ashley Holloway is "just" a tuner, and a very good one at that....

His main client is Emil, who uses Ash to tune his GM Engines

http://www.ash-tech.pl

ASH-TECH was established in 2007 and has been at the forefront of speedway engine tuning ever since.

For testing and problem solving we have a DYNOMET Rolling road

After porting & polishing, heads are flowtested on our state of the art SUPERFLOW SF260 and together with the FLOWCOM & PERFORMANCE TRENDS port analysis program we can make the perfect port every time.

We use a combination of the MIRA VGX 21 with centralising dial gauges and COMEC RV 516 for the perfect valve seats.

Valve springs are tested and logged into our database with the COMPU-SPRING PT200 Spring tester.

Cleaning is performed in our OZZYFILTER bio cleaner, Then put through our heated wash machine for a perfect finish before re assembly.

Here is a list of the companys we co operate with:

GM Engines, Italy

X-Ti LLC, Russia

Trick Titanium, USA

PAC, USA

Ferrea, USA

FSW, Italy

Grosswachter Racing Parts, Germany

No, i'm 100% i have a photo of it, i first saw the engine in 2011 on Hans Andersen twitter!

From what I have seen of the engine on the internet, it is not using a GM case, it looks simular, but there are few slight differences to the design.

I noticed Peter Karlsson was on a Gerhard engine tonight at Leicester!

No, i'm 100% i have a photo of it, i first saw the engine in 2011 on Hans Andersen twitter!

You may have mistaken that there had been an ASH-TECH stamp on the engine case as the manufacture.

It's never been so that ASH-TECH have manufactured a speedway engine, they're just and always have been a GM tuner

From what I have seen of the engine on the internet, it is not using a GM case, it looks simular, but there are few slight differences to the design.

It doesn't look similar at all.

It doesn't look similar at all.

Its got that bit of ERM look about it