British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

I would say Chris was on the Gehard in the race he won (4th) and his fiith race in last place on the muddy track.

JUST spoken to KT (still in Riga waiting for flight to Gatwick having driven back there last night in a hire car with 175,000 k on the clock) and he says Harris definitely on GTR in fourth ride having started on GM.

@gerhardengines: What a Heat! Congratulation @BomberHarris37 for that amazing performance with the GTR!

Before anyone gets too excited though it was only Jonasson (3 points) and Puddzuks (1 point) so not exactly one of the big guns. :lol:

Before anyone gets too excited though it was only Jonasson (3 points) and Puddzuks (1 point) so not exactly one of the big guns. :lol:

Was also beating Doyle who had been riding well

JUST spoken to KT (still in Riga waiting for flight to Gatwick having driven back there last night in a hire car with 175,000 k on the clock) and he says Harris definitely on GTR in fourth ride having started on GM.

If it was a Skoda, easily good for at least 350,000 Kilometres!

• Like 1

Was also beating Doyle who had been riding well

Oh yes ~ you're right. I had to fish my programme out of the bin and that was the race Doyle caused him to fall so got excluded. Perhaps it does bode well afterall if he sticks with the GTR and doesn't keep messing about.

• Like 1

No the wonder Chris Harris doesn't do that well.

Chopping and changing like that cannot help his overall performance.

• Like 1

He's always been like this and like you I'm sure it doesn't help. Fair enough if something isn't working try something else but then that doesn't seem to be enough and it's back on the merry-go-round again. When he used to ride for the Bees last time he'd take a while into the season to get going but be flying for the last few months so why not put the bike/s away for the new season when they are proven to be fast and working well? But no it's off with the old and on with the new which always meant a couple of months to get going again. Bah! :P

• Like 1

No the wonder Chris Harris doesn't do that well.

Chopping and changing like that cannot help his overall performance.

Weirdly, I was just reading an old facebook post from 3 years ago today. My comments then were, "It doesn't help he spend a few grand here with Tuner A this week, that doesn't instantly work so he throws a few grand at tuner B and that doesn't work instantly so he throws money at tuner C and this goes on every couple of weeks. He'd be better off spending all that money in November and spending December, January and February getting it to work.

The guy has the talent to actually ride a bike but not the technical knowhow to get a bike working. Shame."

Simon wigg was apparently the same, couldn't help himself and had to tinker with the set ups even when things were going great.

On a side note, what happened with Harris's engine in his final heat?

Simon wigg was apparently the same, couldn't help himself and had to tinker with the set ups even when things were going great.

On a side note, what happened with Harris's engine in his final heat?

Nothing. It was his chain apparently that was the problem in his final heat after slight contact with Woffy coming out of the first bend

Andreas Jonsson is also like this. He is champion of sabotaging for himself by always changing the setups even if it was already working.