British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Riders are like Sheep, anyone remember the front wheel spoiler, Wiggy had one, within a week they were everywhere.

Then there was a televised meeting where slow motion footage showed someone's roost hitting one and the rider falling. I don't remember if it was actually proven to be the cause of the fall but the spoilers disappeared quickly after that. Wasn't it Tommy Knudsen?

Any chance of a mid season update on the GTR?

Are the Riders using them making more profit?

Are the Promoters saving money, by paying the GTR riders less?

Have the BSPA sold their engines yet?

Has anyone apart from Fast Freddie had any success with the GTR?

Then there was a televised meeting where slow motion footage showed someone's roost hitting one and the rider falling. I don't remember if it was actually proven to be the cause of the fall but the spoilers disappeared quickly after that. Wasn't it Tommy Knudsen?

Wasn't it Hans Nielsen, or maybe it was Tommy K and Nielsen stopped using his straight after the incident, I think

Wasn't it Hans Nielsen, or maybe it was Tommy K and Nielsen stopped using his straight after the incident, I think

You could well be right.

Sure you are right, in a GP was it Wroclaw?

What's a 'roost'?

Shale coming off the bike/s in front - Bomber used the term last night on BT

Riders are like Sheep, anyone remember the front wheel spoiler, Wiggy had one, within a week they were everywhere.

The same is true of right leg dangling off mid-way through the bend - just makes it unstable and no faster.

• Like 1

The same is true of right leg dangling off mid-way through the bend - just makes it unstable and no faster.

I think that is very often true but equally with the way riders get bikes so upright by hanging off the inside so early these days I think it's it's sometimes needed to keep their balance as well.

Sounded like in Freddie,s interview on by sport on Monday night saying he not getting enough power from his equipment these days

Ryan Douglas has sold his to Lee Dicken for his lad who has, also, sourced another. I heard on Sunday that Ryan's had less power than the other. Even having Ryan's ex mechanic Reece working for Freddie, nothing could be done to sort his engine out. (employed by Freddie now so no secrets should be let out)

One fault that has happened is the hardening coming off the big end pin

One fault that has happened is the hardening coming off the big end pin

Hi Dean does that mean the crank pin is hard chrome plated or is it that the top (wear surface) is spalling that is pieces flaking off that would seem to mean wrong material or wrong heat treament

The one Freddie was riding at Cardiff snapped a head bolt or bolts according to his mechanic ,

Edited by mac101