British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

IF a ref fails for some reason to get to a league meeting the Clerk of the course is empowered to take over as ref.

To reduce costs for junior meetings why not have the COTC replace the SCB Ref for those races and meetings.

something is nagging me that says this used to be done.

It's still done at Brough but only with second halfs. If the fixture is in the programme, the ref takes that meeting.

With the Indian firm Mahindra buying the rights to both the British BSA name and the Czech Jawa name in October this year, are we going to see Indian Jawa speedway engines , don't doubt they would be a cheaper engine, not so sure about the reliability?

With the Indian firm Mahindra buying the rights to both the British BSA name and the Czech Jawa name in October this year, are we going to see Indian Jawa speedway engines , don't doubt they would be a cheaper engine, not so sure about the reliability?

I might be wrong but I thought the JAWA competition division had become separate from the road bikes.

• Like 2

I might be wrong but I thought the JAWA competition division had become separate from the road bikes.

Correct, they become JRM about 4 years ago

The company that I worked for bought an Indian made Honda 125cc bike for courier work. Within months it was running like a bag nails, when the oil was drained it was as if someone had poured a load of glitter into it.

The Mahindra deal for JAWA is just the use of the JAWA name in the Indian home market. Otherwise I expect JAWA will continue to operate as they normally do.

The company that I worked for bought an Indian made Honda 125cc bike for courier work. Within months it was running like a bag nails, when the oil was drained it was as if someone had poured a load of glitter into it.

I've heard similar tales about these engines, but also that they can be reliable and cheap to repair though I wouldn't consider buying one for myself. The road bikes are certainly cheaper to insure than are Japanese bikes....

I've heard similar tales about these engines, but also that they can be reliable and cheap to repair though I wouldn't consider buying one for myself. The road bikes are certainly cheaper to insure than are Japanese bikes....

They're cheap to insure because they are cheap cr@p. My neighbour got knocked of his a few years ago when the bike was a month old. The insurance company wrote it off and paid him 30 quid for it.

Just seen this from Hedge racing

Jordan Jenkins has just managed 1000 laps on his GTR engine before his first service.

The GTR engine looked like brand new inside, you could almost not see it had been ridden.

• Like 3

That's around 50 meetings it would depend what a major service costs and what parts are needed I seen the same post and these questions were asked,I take it that it would need a total rebuild of all the parts inside to survive another 1000 as I don't think. They would use the same piston and rod ect it could end up being expensive will wait and see if Trevor hedge replies

• Like 2

Just seen this from Hedge racing

Who's he/she? Does she/he use full throttle/revs?

I mean I could do 1000 laps as well! Any engine, no wear, I promise. :lol:

• Like 2

Who's he/she? Does she/he use full throttle/revs?

I mean I could do 1000 laps as well! Any engine, no wear, I promise. :lol:

Have no idea.Never heard of the person before.Just imagined it was a lunatic who gave the engine welly for 1000 laps :P Otherwise it isn't much of a testimonial if they guy has just poodled round in training sessions

Have no idea.Never heard of the person before.Just imagined it was a lunatic who gave the engine welly for 1000 laps :P Otherwise it isn't much of a testimonial if they guy has just poodled round in training sessions

He's a very good up and coming youth rider 15/16 who is about to break through to the Championship. Very good rider.

• Like 1

He's a very good up and coming youth rider 15/16 who is about to break through to the Championship. Very good rider.

Ok, good. So he actually "uses" the engine somewhat to cause possible wear. But still I think that Lindgren doing the same 1000 laps will cause more wear. If he does it, it sounds more convincing regarding the engines capability to handle use.
  • Like 1