British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Rory Schlein

from facebook it appears Rory has had a big crash today in Poland , suffering extensive spinal injury .

I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Very sad News.

From what I have read he still had feeling in his legs which obviously is a good sign.

Dalle har inte pratat med Schlein ännu. - Nej, bara med hans mekaniker. Rory har säkert väldigt ont och ska ju opereras, men han har känsel i benen.

The info origins from Rory's mechanic and is forwarded by Rory's Swedish team manager in this article so I think we can consider it accurate.

http://na.se/sporten/speedway/1.2989638-indianstjarnan-brot-ryggen-sasongen-over

• Like 2

Hans Andersen has tweeted saying it was a big one, & to keep brave buddy...

Also Rosco has tweeted thoughts with Rory.

Keeping fingers crossed we here some good news soon.. Wishing you a speedy recovery Rory...........

• Like 1

Thankfully positive news from Poland this am. Fingers crossed now for a full and speedy recovery for Rory.

Just to add I have no details just that it is positive news.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Rory, all other riders recovering from injury and for all riders who may suffer injury this season. Speedway can be a cruel place and all who ride deserve our respect.

Get well soon.

• Like 1

Thankfully positive news from Poland this am. Fingers crossed now for a full and speedy recovery for Rory.

Just to add I have no details just that it is positive news.

Do you have a link?

Sounds like a bad one. At least there sound like their is some positive news. Hope he gets over this OK. Would be a great shame to lose him to the sport. No doubt this will be a long hard road, to come back from. Best Wishes to Rory and his family.

Also bad news for Lynne losing both Rory and Kenneth in Poland over the weekend.

Edited by weatherwatcher
  • Like 1

For those who don't do twitter:

Lynette Schlein @Rooboysmum

Rory has a screw between L1&2 and L4&5. Now able to roll over , feeling in legs, very groggy, success and feeling blessed. Thank you surgeon

https://twitter.com/Rooboysmum/status/602837837138898944

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 5

So a broken back then...ouch. Experienced the same myself, obviously in different circumstances. A nasty injury and a long recovery.

The far away youtube clip of the crash doesnt show a lot but i would think the he's suffered a whack on the lower back from a bike as trauma is common for lumbar fractures.

Regardless, best wishes to him and hope he's back on track once fully mended.

Tom

Polish video of the crash. It's about i minute in- but you have to go through about 5 ads before it comes up. He hit his team mates rear wheel going into turn 3. So pleased he is comparatively okay. though i imagine his season is over. A reminder of the risks these guys take to entertain us. You'll be back mate. Regards. Alan.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/523903/wokol-toru-kolejka-upadkow-pech-schleina-wideo

• Like 2

Alan he was actually hit by his team mate Adamczewski,Rory is the one in red helmet and gets hit from behind in back wheel.

Alan he was actually hit by his team mate Adamczewski,Rory is the one in red helmet and gets hit from behind in back wheel.

Thanks Pawel. Nasty for both . How is Adamczewski doing ? Regards. Alan.