British Speedway Forum
speedibee

Rory Schlein

Nice to see the post from his wife on Twitter was going to post it on here but already been beaten to it.

How unpredictable this sport is. Get well Rory Schlein.

About time something was done to stop the airfence from lifting up exposing the fence behind.....

Get well soon to Rory

• Like 1

A really good point. How often do we see a rider go under the airfence. It should be posible to secure the airfence at the base, otherwise it's not really doing it's job.

• Like 3

Said this about air fence for years, it is a waste of time if it just lifts up out of way ! riders ride now with more aggression and take more risks because of air fence so it really needs to do its job.

Rory Schlein was in very good form this season so it is a massive shame his season is over, get well soon !!

• Like 1

A really good point. How often do we see a rider go under the airfence. It should be posible to secure the airfence at the base, otherwise it's not really doing it's job.

I thought the Authorities would have learned from the Chris Holder incident a couple of years ago. :shock:

Apparently not it seems. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 2

Thanks for the link.

Hopefully everything keeps improving

Agreed.

I wish Rory nothing but the very best whichever way his decision goes.

He has my very best wishes.

• Like 1

Agreed.

I wish Rory nothing but the very best whichever way his decision goes.

He has my very best wishes.

Here, Here. Genuine good guy.

• Like 2

Great to see Rory at Coventry on Friday evening with his girls. He was chatting to fans and waving to all supporters as he left the stadium.

• Like 1

About time something was done to stop the airfence from lifting up exposing the fence behind.....

Get well soon to Rory

If the fence is fitted correctly , the fence shouldnt lift...... the fences Tony Briggs sells have a bottom rope fastened to the wall 6" or so from track level..... the air fence is clipped to the rope which is very tight.... I do feel how ever the bottom flap could be larger so a build up of dirt would help hold it down...... Off course alot of your fences are packed up between meetings and this condition doesnt occur.....The safety Officer should inspect installation...... they all look good inflated , but all fences are not installed to the same standard....

• Like 1

Although we don't yet know for sure the extent of Darcy's injuries, I wonder if his incident will make up Rory's mind once and for all?