British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
weatherwatcher

Litchfield Speedway Supporters Club

Just been looking on the internet after talking to someone who lives up the road from me. He has some old photo's of his nephew at Tamworth Speedway where he was a mascot with George Formby. He is going to scan them and let me have them, will put them on here when I get tehm.

I was looking at some site about Tamworth speedway and it brought up a mention about Litchfield speedway supporters club. All I can find out about it is, that Corgi did a model of the coach used by them and a picture of the actual coach used, but there is nothing about the club.

When did it opperate and how long did it run, the club that is. Has anyone got any details about the club, as Litchfield never had a speedway club, I presume it was just a bunch of fans that hired a bus to go to speedway meetings.

I think this has been mentioned before, but might have been on "Brummies" site. Anyway, here goes, I have one of these models and it says on box notes, it was an ex Midland Red single deck bus that was purchased by a group of Coventry supporters (presumably from the Lichfield area) in the '70s, to follow their team and star rider Ole Olsen to meetings. It was painted in the club colours of yellow & black. There was no mention (as far as I can remember, & can't lay my hands on the model at the mo) of how long they ran it, or what became of it, but they must have been a very keen bunch!