British Speedway Forum
penchev

Premier League Pairs Somerset 03/07/15

King and Tungate would have preferred to have Covatti replacing Tungate .

This has happened every year since we dropped down into the Premier league. We have never been able to field our strongest pairing, as It's done on averages and not on current form. I believe the rule was brought in when Elite clubs took the mickey out of BSPA events, but clubs in our league wouldn't do that, the fans are being short changed AGAIN. Nico or Rohan? I think we all know the answer in terms of entertainment and current scoring ability.

• Like 1

This has happened every year since we dropped down into the Premier league. We have never been able to field our strongest pairing, as It's done on averages and not on current form. I believe the rule was brought in when Elite clubs took the mickey out of BSPA events, but clubs in our league wouldn't do that, the fans are being short changed AGAIN. Nico or Rohan? I think we all know the answer in terms of entertainment and current scoring ability.

Yes we all do know the answer to this one .

Nico at least you know your gonna get a real effort in every race .

Rohan all depends on what Rohan turns up for the evening . If he's in the mood we all know just how quick he can be if its the other well end of story .

Probably tempting fate but with Glastonbury this weekend that should be the Somerset rain done and dusted for 3-4 weeks

With that nutter in usa killing the church people and now the toy car of the dukes of hazard being banned because of that flag will Somerset have to change there name?

First time attender this year.

Travelling from Bristol...... what's the general consensus regarding parking?

What would you guys recommend?

It costs an arm and a leg so reducing heats is a non starter for me. Likewise nobody wants to meeting to drag on with nothing happening, so making riders do 3 on the trot at the end of the night is a bit of a non starter too. The system works perfectly well as it is, and allows also the even-ing out of potentially one group being stronger than the other.

The only way the system could be improved is by involving every team, but that isn't really possible.

Then why do they?

Parking available (in the adjoining fields) for £1, but don't expect to get out in a hurry.

• Like 1

Are Sky Sports covering this event? was it not 7pm last year?

Don't think so, nothing on the schedule on their website, though I'm sure it was announced very late last year (I think i remember it being announced on air during the Monday meeting before), so fingers crossed!

Leave Bristol in plenty of time , the M5 is not the place to be on a Friday evening . Plenty parking space in front of the Oak Tree Arena regardless of the size of crowd .

Does anyone know what the admission prices are for this, and whether students class as concessions? Thanks

£20 Adults, Concessions £15 5-16yrs £5 on the BSPA website.

• Like 1

As Paulco says leave early better to get there early than late, M5 South is a mess on fridays, mind M5 North is no always dandy either.. That way you'l then get a space in the car park. {field next to the stadium}