British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Panthers V Berwick 29/5/2015 Premier League 7.30pm

Or perhaps the PA system could be improved?

I've been trying that for years (and I sit in the stand) but apparently if you can't hear then it's your ears that are the problem.

With reference to crowd size and people staying away because we not in EL anymore....then if Cov v Poole tonight was anything to go by then I'll stick with what we have...smallest crowd I've ever seen and who can blame them not for turning up to watch that!...and sorry to the first nerd who says "wrong thread"

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

I've been trying that for years (and I sit in the stand) but apparently if you can't hear then it's your ears that are the problem.

Morning Trev

Welcome to the Digital age - You don't need the PA system anymore - in fact you don't even need to be in the stand to find out what is going on.

You now get - pre match, pre heat, post heat and post match tweets about what is going on!! Other update services are also available!!

Trade in your Mobile Brick and buy one of these new-fangled "Smartphones" that have more lights than a Disco and cost no more than a Mediterranean package holiday!!

In fact with the right "Smartphone" and a pair of headphones you can select and listen to your own music and avoid listening to the piped music as well.

I am hoping that soon the Team Managers siting in the Grandstand, will be able to send electronic messages to the pits about rider selection for specific heats so we don't get repeats of the heat 14 decisions.

However, I must warn you there is a downside to this technology you can be subjected to 24 by 7 nagging from wives, partners and/or Offspring and even worse they talk to each other.

There is also a risk of depression if you are a football supporter, as those Arsenal. Liverpool, Manchester United fans and something called an England fan who sit in the more expensive seats , watching football matches on their smartphones between heats often seem to get very upset! and depressed! - must be a hormone thing!!

All the best

Tel

• Like 1

Morning Trev

Welcome to the Digital age - You don't need the PA system anymore - in fact you don't even need to be in the stand to find out what is going on.

You now get - pre match, pre heat, post heat and post match tweets about what is going on!! Other update services are also available!!

Trade in your Mobile Brick and buy one of these new-fangled "Smartphones" that have more lights than a Disco and cost no more than a Mediterranean package holiday!!

In fact with the right "Smartphone" and a pair of headphones you can select and listen to your own music and avoid listening to the piped music as well.

I am hoping that soon the Team Managers siting in the Grandstand, will be able to send electronic messages to the pits about rider selection for specific heats so we don't get repeats of the heat 14 decisions.

However, I must warn you there is a downside to this technology you can be subjected to 24 by 7 nagging from wives, partners and/or Offspring and even worse they talk to each other.

There is also a risk of depression if you are a football supporter, as those Arsenal. Liverpool, Manchester United fans and something called an England fan who sit in the more expensive seats , watching football matches on their smartphones between heats often seem to get very upset! and depressed! - must be a hormone thing!!

All the best

Tel

Morning Tel, you been smoking those exotic Woodbines again?

Does one get a discount for bringing one's own entertainment? I'm too tight to embrace the digital age Tel, with smartphones and notebooks just being something that others use. My Nokkia 3310 works just fine although charging it every other day is a bit of a pain. I've tried my own entertainment (when football has been on) but hearing anything over Saul and Overland is impossible from the VIP area and it's irritating trying.

I'm a Leeds fan and have been depressed since 2001 :wink:

• Like 2

Morning Tel, you been smoking those exotic Woodbines again?

Does one get a discount for bringing one's own entertainment? I'm too tight to embrace the digital age Tel, with smartphones and notebooks just being something that others use. My Nokkia 3310 works just fine although charging it every other day is a bit of a pain. I've tried my own entertainment (when football has been on) but hearing anything over Saul and Overland is impossible from the VIP area and it's irritating trying.

I'm a Leeds fan and have been depressed since 2001 :wink:

Trev

Years and years ago I had a Nokia that that flipped open - always reminded me of the original Star Trek communicator!!! I loved it! :cry:

Technology wise you know when you are of date - when Alex (she's 11 tomorrow) comes up to you and starts the conversation along the lines of " Dad - My Samsung Galaxy Ace - is the equivalent of a Technology House Brick - I really need a better phone for going to Senior School!!!""

Think yourself lucky about charging the Nokia every other day. Elaine has just "gone over to the "darkside" and got an IPhone - charge does not last 24 hours!!.

If I ever go back to Coventry, think I will take advantage of any electronic updates - we stand on bends 1 and 2, and I have never been able to hear the PA and the "scoreboard" is in the wrong location to easily see. But as Alex will tell you its very handy location for the Ice Cream van.

have a good day

Tel

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from a programme the heat 4 and 7 results please?

Edited by June01

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from a programme the heat 4 and 7 results please?

4. Hall, Lambert R, Lambert S, Fisher 61.9 3-3

7. Lambert R, Doolan, Hall, Greenwood 60.8 3-3

• Like 1