British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Panthers V Berwick 29/5/2015 Premier League 7.30pm

Great rides by MPT with 3last bend moves. Be unbeatable if only he could gate.

We say that about Kasper Lykke. Think of the entertainment you'd miss out on

• Like 1

more worrying would be the decision to keep him in heat 14 if he was fit and updates correct?

baffling to say the least

Good to see the "real" Richard Hall tonight and not the imposter we had to swallow last season!

Superb meeting.. MPT man of the match and Lambert weren't bad either..bandits would have beat us with vissing and TJ and may have got something if Hall got 7rides...hope panthers management are aware of that because I think we gonna be struggling against the likes of Edinburgh,Glasgow and somerset..and I respect how they've stuck with Ollie but we can't keep carrying him if we are to win things...who knew that a slick showground could produce racing like that though...also I gotta say I feel sorry for the Fish this year..he really is giving his all but getting nothing back.

Edited by Lukas

Went as a neutral and in many ways a good meeting. The race of the night unfortunately had Richard Hall injured. Hope he recovers asap. He looked good and could have made it closer at least for the Bandits. Richard Lambert looks a fine prospect and I hope he continues to progress - we all know that isn't a given.

Big moan of the night form me is for the start gate gardening and prolonged meditations by the riders under the flapping arms of the marshall. The meeting had been interrupted by the sun and Hall's fall and was destined for a later finish. We all appreciate the need for rider safety and understand these necessary delays but the riders could do their bit by getting on with the racing instead of indulging int the start line shennanigans. It spoiled a good evening's racing. I just got too cold to appreciate their efforts and was wishing the meeting over when I should have been enjoying it. But apart from this, well done to both sides.

more worrying would be the decision to keep him in heat 14 if he was fit and updates correct?

Yup. Could have been very embarrassing that one!

We say that about Kasper Lykke. Think of the entertainment you'd miss out on

Yeah not complaining bout it, always prefer a rider to win from the back than to just be a gating tart

Lukas said it right... With Claus and TJ we'd have won that... at least a point if we'd got Richard 7 rides... drove home very downhearted in the circumstances...

Racing though was something else.. It still beats me how Peterborough can't get full when it can continually serve up meetings like that... The only downside was leaving the car park at round about 20 past 10 :-(

Lukas said it right... With Claus and TJ we'd have won that... at least a point if we'd got Richard 7 rides... drove home very downhearted in the circumstances...

Racing though was something else.. It still beats me how Peterborough can't get full when it can continually serve up meetings like that... The only downside was leaving the car park at round about 20 past 10 :-(

Over 2 and a half hours for a 15 heat meeting is ridiculous Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Sort of answered your own question. Much of the racing is top notch but is often let down by what goes on around it.

Berwick can count themselves unfortunate not to pick up at least a point, IMO had they had Richard Hall to pick for extra rides in place of our ineffectual guests later in the meeting they would've picked up something, still there`s always a positive, at least we now know not to be picking Graversen and/or Fisher anytime soon.

Hopefully Hall will be back very soon as he is proving to be a trump card at reserve.

I left before the end, which has to be said isn't the first time with Peterborough.......unfortunately.

The meeting started at 7.40pm (I don't know what time it actually finished, as I left after Heat 13, totally fed up with the usual delays, plus to be fair, the cold too), but it must have been after 10.00pm.

Assuming it finished at curfew time, that's a total of 2 hours 20 minutes. There was just over 15-minutes of racing, approximately 20-minutes of sun delay (unavoidable). Approximately 15-minute delay for the Richard Hall accident (unavoidable). Total time of approximately 45-minutes. That means we are paying to watch 1 hour 35 minutes of tractor grading, which seems to be done to excess at this particular venue, and general time wasting.

Emma Strowger posed the question in her column in the programme last night, "Why are attendance levels falling in the sport".............Answers given above in my particular case.

As for the meeting when it intermittently happened, the racing was excellent, as it nearly always is at the Showground, in fact it's hard to think of a track that currently provides better racing. Both sides gave it their all, and were a joy to watch, but as others have said, and I agree, to many other shenanigans spoil the evening out.

Year in year out, supporters complain about the length of time it takes to get through a meeting, yet they continue to get ignored, so is it little wonder they stop attending, and that is sad.

• Like 1

There was 2 reasons the meeting took so long..the delay due to the position of the sun going into the 3rd bend (rider safety) and Rich Halls crash..there seems to be a bad crash in every meeting this season...I don't see what anyone is meant to do about that as track has been good....the crowd was disappointing tho...if my workplace is anything to go by maybe everyone is on holiday!...

If Peterborough get to the play offs and in the latter stages of the KO cup that's when you will see bigger crowds so it is imperative that we make the right team changes now to ensure that happens..

For instance in 2006 crowds were averaging 1000 a meeting then in the play off final 5-6000 people turned up.

Edited by Lukas

Super meeting ruined by endless tractor racing and digging at the starts!

Mpt and Lambert superb, ully very good, lasse alright, Simon did his job, olly was riding for Berwick I'm sure, running as a blocker!

Thats the usual Berwick story "if".thats Speedway nowadays very seldom do you see your own 7 riders on track at the same time.Thats the case for all Teams.Showground is a great racetrack though so it is disappointing that the crowds are low.