British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Panthers V Berwick 29/5/2015 Premier League 7.30pm

I see Updates had Danny Philips down as Berwicks number 8..

was that correct? -

I thought that he was our number 8 and we had in fact purchased him as an Asset a couple of months back!

was that correct? -

I thought that he was our number 8 and we had in fact purchased him as an Asset a couple of months back!

Bizarre but I believe this to be the case...unless Phillips was just called upon as a one off? EDIT: no wait, I've misread your original message :rofl: He should've been Peterborough's number 8 on the updates and not Berwick's!

Well done indeed to the promotion. if any fans are staying away because they prefer the E.L. you don't know what you are missing as the racing is just as good, if not better. The Peterborough track always provides great racing. Love it.

The whole EL is better than PL or vice versa I think is nonsense. You can see good meetings and bad meetings at any level of the sport. Be that in an SGP or SEC meeting right down to the NL! And I've seen some boring NL meetings in my time but some really good ones too!

Edited by em1500uk

Well done indeed to the promotion. if any fans are staying away because they prefer the E.L. you don't know what you are missing as the racing is just as good, if not better. The Peterborough track always provides great racing. Love it.

I agree.

At first I had negative feelings about the PL and clung on to the idea that we'd return to the EL asap. But I'm converted now and although the EL does have the attraction of seeing the top riders, there are very few star names in the EL any more. No Crump, Adams, N.Pedersen, Lindgren et al (I don't include KBjerre in that list!). Hans & PK are the only riders I miss seeing. So all things considered I'm not that bothered about not being in the EL.

In fact I reckon this season - so far - has been the best since 2006. It's early days, of course, and the big test now will be whether/who/when/how they will bring in a new No.1, and what they will do about Greenwood.

But I'm fairly confident that they're capable of boxing clever - unlike what happened under Rick Frost! For all his big bucks and promises his tenure was a failure from start to finish.

Oh wait, I'm forgetting the snazzy vans and showers in the changing rooms.....!

• Like 2

But I'm fairly confident that they're capable of boxing clever - unlike what happened under Rick Frost! For all his big bucks and promises his tenure was a failure from start to finish.

Oh wait, I'm forgetting the snazzy vans and showers in the changing rooms.....!

His big bucks delivered a much better show than we have now, so not quite a failure, and but for bent decisions his tenure would have probably delivered the EL title once again. The bare bones of the record books agree with your point though. It could and should have been so much better. Wasted opportunity! Hopefully the Frosts will become less busy in future but it's clear that horse has bolted and WYSIWYG if Frost can flog it.

was that correct? -

It was announced that he was no.8 so someone wasn't paying attention.

Edited by Crump99

It was announced that he was no.8 so someone wasn't paying attention.

*puts hand up

Maybe he wasn't paying attention but it's also still very difficult to hear at the best of times when you stand on the 1st bend.

Perfectly clear generally in the stand, big clue

No big clue at all when people DON'T want to sit or have to move continuously into the stand to hear things!

• Like 1

Who cares? He didn't even get a ride... Move on

• Like 2

No big clue at all when people DON'T want to sit or have to move continuously into the stand to hear things!

Fine, so stand outside and struggle to hear anything.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Fine, so stand outside and struggle to hear anything.

Move on

• Like 1

Or perhaps the PA system could be improved?

• Like 1