British Speedway Forum
ruffdiamond

Somerset 'v' Newcastle Fri. 29th May

don't count your chickens mate

Or "count your horses" as Rosco once said!! :)

• Like 1

It's the absent fans that also miss out on the superb racing which is almost guaranteed each week.

The racing has been as good as it has ever been over the last few weeks I reckon, although Brady has played a massive part of that so him missing is abit of a bummer.

• Like 1

You doing the GP this year Naj

Should be - but not on the coach this time.

Should be - but not on the coach this time.

Ok probably catch up with you at the Pairs.

Lewis spends far too much time on the deck unfortunately.

• Like 1

Suppose that can be classed as a 'morale victory',,, hard lines to the lads,,, must be disappointed to be in there for so long and be out done late on by a strong team at home :-(,,,, just ask Glasgow ;-)

I think any Newcastle fan would've took that score at teatime,,,

• Like 1

Nasty looking crash between Paul Starke and Lewis Kerr. Lewis Kerr hits the deck awkwardly and spends some time on the track but up and walking now. Nothing untoward from Paul just threw Lewis off a bit after coming hard underneath him on the second bend.

It was just Kerr on his own - Starke was away in front after a stunning ride from the back to pass Kerr up the inside coming out of bend 2 after cutting back. Starke was at least a bike length or two in front when Kerr hit the back straight fence.

Suppose that can be classed as a 'morale victory',,, hard lines to the lads,,, must be disappointed to be in there for so long and be out done late on by a strong team at home :-(,,,, just ask Glasgow ;-)

I think any Newcastle fan would've took that score at teatime,,,

The score sort of flatters Somerset a bit, as Newcastle hung in there for a long time and just lost it in the last few races it seemed. It does have to be said of Brady had been there it would of been a lot easier though.

Stand out riders were Kerr and Starke, and of course Leigh Lanham again who was brilliant once again. What a revelation. Worrall needs to up his game though who was poor again.

Yeah Starke had no fault in it, but Lewis started wobbling pretty much the second Starke went past. Brilliant rides all night from Starke, just a shame he missed the tapes in heat 15!

Spot on - he was good last week but seemed to have so much more speed this week, and shame he missed out on his maximum.

• Like 1

Lewis spends far too much time on the deck unfortunately.

Clipped the back straight fence and had a pretty nasty fall. I was surprised we didn't have that ambulance out and certainly didn't expect him to ride again. All credit to Kerr for 5points in his last two rides.

Some cracking racing in this meeting. OTA 's reputation as one of the best tracks in the country is totally deserved.

• Like 2

It was just Kerr on his own - Starke was away in front after a stunning ride from the back to pass Kerr up the inside coming out of bend 2 after cutting back. Starke was at least a bike length or two in front when Kerr hit the back straight fence.

The score sort of flatters Somerset a bit, as Newcastle hung in there for a long time and just lost it in the last few races it seemed. It does have to be said of Brady had been there it would of been a lot easier though.

Stand out riders were Kerr and Starke, and of course Leigh Lanham again who was brilliant once again. What a revelation. Worrall needs to up his game though who was poor again.

I see what you say about Brady Kurtz being missing, but Newcastle were without 'Super Stevie Worrall', with 3 pts from r/r, I would suggest that Somerset were a tad lucky,,,

dunno what's up with Richie tho, maybe a return home would suit,,, him and Stevie could easy become 'Legends of Brough' ;-)

I enjoyed this meeting as a neutral. Newcastle were in it until Kerr's fall ended their resistance before a surprise 1-5 in ht 15. Some great racing in a great speedway set-up.

After a defeat by a stronger team I always hope that the diamonds were entertaining. As we all know the diamonds are a team of second strings+. We didn't bring in a 9 point guy for 2015, hoping one of our homegrown riders would reach that level but so far in 2015 that hasn't happened. Steve Worrall is the closest we have to a "proper" leader but he was missing at Somerset.

I was well pleased by the team in the first half of the match but we were found wanting in the last few heats. Christian Henry did really well

• Like 1