British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blueherb777

Kent Kings V Birmingham Brummies 1/6/15 Cgnl

Despite all the mayhem last night, I really enjoyed the meeting. Far more entertaining than the farce on sky.

It was indeed a poor night for Kent. Some bad luck, bad officials decisions and below par performances. The overall trend for Kent has been upward over the last few weeks so maybe this is just blip. There are positives - Aaron Baseby looks like he's hitting good form and James Shanes produced the best ride anyone has seen at CP. Ben Morley may just have used up his bad luck in one meeting and Danny Ayres won't keep hitting the same bend 2 bit of grip that kept throwing him offline. Onward and upward Kings.

My first visit Central Park and got to say very impressed, its one of the best stadiums Ive watched speedway in in this country. I dont know what crowds are like there but looked a good crowd for the NL and a number of Brummies made the trip. I really enjoyed the meeting, obviously bound to say that cos of the result but there was some overtaking, controversey and some great performances from two of talent young riders around in Zach Wajtknecht and James Shanes.

Its a pity the ref did his best in trying to spoil it. Honestly I was gobsmacked with Heat 1, the start marshall loses count and doesnt put chequered flag out when its 4-2 Brummies. Morley then falls on the "fith" lap, and we go through for the 5-1. At that point Morley is pushing his bike through for a point but why the hell doesnt the ref put the red light realising 4 laps have been completed and award it at what it was after 4 laps. Worse thing is, the guy filming for Rerun was offering to show the ref a replay of the race! He was punishing Ellis for moving when he didnt and not bringing it back when he did. Im not sre Heat 4 exclusion of Wilson was right, didnt seem much contact just hard riding into the bend. Also maybe we got lucky with Kirby not getting excluded in Heat 14 either way Entwistle wont be getting high scores for his performance in this match, thats if the scb even bother to score refs for their performance

Fantastic performance from the Brummies, Zach the star of the show. I was amazed by his performance, it was his ride at Kent and for him to perform like that was brilliant. For someone who is in their first year in the NL, hes looks smooth and stylish on the bike. Hes not known for his gating in the meetings Ive watch him but he gated in most of his heats last night. In truth I was impressed with all the Brummies even Alex Wilson as he showed alot of effort again on a track hes not rode before. Thanks to Connor Coles for guesting.

What excitement James Shanes provided, Heat 11 springs to mind straight away. Great ride to pass both Perry and Ellis almost an even better celebration, he knows hoe to lap up the fans applause. He looks anolther talent and already a fan favourite with Kent fans and given the entertainment he provides most speedway fans in general.

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 3

I can't really disagree with a lot said about this match. Well done to Birmingham on a well deserved victory, even though there couldn't of been much more bad luck for Kent on the night!

Zach is certainly a talented rider, but the National League needs to make it's mind up if it is a league for bringing riders on or a 3rd tier professional league. The mysterious Banks injury makes a mockery of the rules and obviously allowed Zach to have 7 rides. I don't blame Birmingham for doing it and to be honest it happens all the time.

Kirby, all I am going to say is no comment!!!!

I'm not sure why riding at number 2 is that much harder than riding at 6. If you look at the program, there isn't really that much difference in who you ride against. It is only at 7 you get a much easier ride.

As someone who knows Jamie personally, all I can say is he is doing his best. It is his first season riding in a proper team and he has gone up to number 2 as he has improved his starting average.

He needs to improve his gating and if he does this he should score more points and find it a bit easier. I know he has changed some things for Saturday in this respect.

If anyone ever wants to know anything in respect of Jamie and what did or didn't happen in a race/meeting or just something in general, feel free to ask and I will get you a response from either his team or Jamie personally. All I ask is please don't post anything without knowing the full facts. He knows when he could of done better and it doesn't help a lads confidence if there is some ill judged comment made.

P.s. that meeting has got to be one of the worst performances by a referee I have ever seen!!!!

Edited by robolots

Robolots since you ask for observations on Jamie,, i have noticed he sits a long way back on the bike making it more likely to lift if throttle is applied more strongly and i think he would have more confidence to go faster if he adjusted his weight a little further forward ..You can not ride these modern bikes in the style of the great Jack Young of years ago. I would be interested in your thoughts on this,,I think he is going ok for his limited expierience,,just looking at a possible way he could improve..

• Like 2

Totally 100% agree Waco, we also going to tie a couple of bricks round his head to keep it lower to the first turn lower lol