British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

Is this match definitely on Sky tonight? Sky Guide is showing Leicester riding?

It's Cov vs Poole.

Also now the only 1 of 3 EL meetings for tonight to not be off (yet!), lets hope it stays that way.

Well unless the track is under 1 foot of water I don't expect Sky will allow it to be called off ;)

Coz not Poole love riding in slop especially when its on Sky as we found out at B Vue few years ago

Riding (not racing) on a wet track is just another way of robbing the fans and damaging the sport on international television.

TBF, there's a few EL tracks where all you ever get is riding and not racing on a good day. I've seen enough gate and go meeting over the years to know it doesn't matter how wet or dry the track is, it can happen. I'd say if anything, the tracks where it's wet throw up better racing sometimes - obviously only to a certain point but it's beyond the point where they seem happy to call meetings off these days. In fact Cov vs Lakeside recently, heat 10 saw Bomber gate, be passed by both Hammers before retaking the lead - great race, so great track you'd think, nope, they called the meeting off 2 minutes later! In fact Chris Harris is even better to watch on a messed up track than a well prepared one. I'd imagine Garrity wouldn't give a crap either :D

Good to see Havvy's got his finger on the pulse as usual!!

'Speedway: Havelock backs 'box office' Darcy Ward to make immediate Poole Pirates return' - taken from today's local Echo.

www.bournemouthecho.co.uk

Hopefully those who questioned Hans' commitment to the Bees recently will be feeling a little silly now!

Shame Hans can't 'give the finger' to all the doubters!! :D

My gripe is how Sky seem to stop paying attention to the meeting and keep reiterating how we are clearly being rushed through get a result. I cannot stand it when I see rain start chucking down at heat 4 and we are made to watch 6 dire "races" with riders going down left, right and centre just to get a "result".

Well the result in my opinion is a rubbish image for the sport and a bunch of let down fans.I also feel it is one of the many reasons international riders do not want to race in Britain. Why would any rider want to ride somewhere where they could be put out on a wet and dangerous track, that are in many cases already dangerous enough with the state of some of our tracks.

You won't be popular in Dorset. The commonly held view there is that matches should continue until a result can be declared even in monsoon conditions. The only provisos are that it must be an away match, Poole must be the opposition and they must be winning.

• Like 1

TBF, there's a few EL tracks where all you ever get is riding and not racing on a good day. I've seen enough gate and go meeting over the years to know it doesn't matter how wet or dry the track is, it can happen. I'd say if anything, the tracks where it's wet throw up better racing sometimes - obviously only to a certain point but it's beyond the point where they seem happy to call meetings off these days. In fact Cov vs Lakeside recently, heat 10 saw Bomber gate, be passed by both Hammers before retaking the lead - great race, so great track you'd think, nope, they called the meeting off 2 minutes later! In fact Chris Harris is even better to watch on a messed up track than a well prepared one. I'd imagine Garrity wouldn't give a crap either :D

Harris loves bad conditions, the year he won British Gp the track was very bumpy and really attacked it where others were afraid of it.

Rain has hit Coventry already. Last time I checked the forecast no rain was due till later in the afternoon.

Rain stopped in Walsgrave and sun back out. Was just a shower. Fingers crossed it stays away

Weather map shows broken showers with some heavy and getting worse later so fingers crossed as this should be a cracker...and as a Pboro fan..cmon Cov !!

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 2

There is no way that this will be on tonight unless we are going to use boats. Every forecast is showing a solid band of rain crossing most of the country starting late afternoon ang going into the night.

I wish that Sky would call it off now and save themselves and every one else a load of work and trouble.

Wolves and Belle Vue been off for hours, at least they have got some sense.

There is no way that this will be on tonight unless we are going to use boats. Every forecast is showing a solid band of rain crossing most of the country starting late afternoon ang going into the night.

I wish that Sky would call it off now and save themselves and every one else a load of work and trouble.

Wolves and Belle Vue been off for hours, at least they have got some sense.

Weather is dry, breezy & sunny at the moment so can't see them calling it off yet. Hopefully any showers are light. Fingers crossed.

Darcy Ward: Who said I would ride in British speedway this year?

In an interview with the Daily Echo last month, Ford said: “Darcy is always going to be important to this club and if he doesn’t get in here, we’ll do our utmost to make sure he fits in somewhere else because we want him riding.”

Well that clears that one up...

Edited by Sir Jasper
  • Like 2

Poole will ride in anything like they did to win at all costs at B.Vue the season before..just bluff them and say you have an understrength team.

Weather is dry, breezy & sunny at the moment so can't see them calling it off yet. Hopefully any showers are light. Fingers crossed.

It is not showers but several hours of solid rain.