British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

👍🏻 When the rain got heavm

When it was then announced there was no parade and they were just going to attempt to get meeting done, I did wonder how it could possibly go ahead with heavy rain and wind so strong they couldn't even keep the camera stands from blowing over or tyres moving on the greyhound track.

It was clear from the beginning that it was never going to go more than 10 heats and that the conditions were dangerous.

Edited by tsc1
  • Like 1

I am sure there are loads of meetings ..who could forget Belle Vue v Wolves on good Friday a couple of years back . Not sure why this has to do with this meeting as this meeting should have started as the track was fine up to heat 6

your like a needle stuck in the groove jeez give it a rest

I wonder what Gemini thinks about them getting to heat 10 and calling it off.

Can't really comment as I'm on holiday so wasn't there, but judging by the comments it sounds like a complete shambles now I've managed to get through the thread by getting up at 4.30am and managing to get on the internet for more than a few minutes. That's obviously where I've been going wrong before. It's all very well having a lovely cottage next to the Peak Forest Canal but I can't be doing with useless internet signals. :lol: Home tomorrow to catch up with everything.

• Like 1

Listen to Hortons blog. Another smokescreen by the buffoon that has the best interests of Coventry at heart.he does not find anyone to blame for this shambles so I suggest he looks closer to home once again after his many cock ups in the past and this season with his people skills. You are the promoter at Cov, you wanted to call it off in the morning, you are responsible for the riders, team manager and more importantly answerable to your public. Grow some xxxxs and act like a man, stand up for what you represent for once in your life and get the respect of those around you who have faith in Coventry Speedway. I do not think the C.O. Would have hesitated in calling this meeting off whatever the consequences.the saving grace is that when you're gone and forgotten Coventry Speedway will march on regardless.

Listen to Hortons blog. Another smokescreen by the buffoon that has the best interests of Coventry at heart.he does not find anyone to blame for this shambles so I suggest he looks closer to home once again after his many cock ups in the past and this season with his people skills. You are the promoter at Cov, you wanted to call it off in the morning, you are responsible for the riders, team manager and more importantly answerable to your public. Grow some xxxxs and act like a man, stand up for what you represent for once in your life and get the respect of those around you who have faith in Coventry Speedway. I do not think the C.O. Would have hesitated in calling this meeting off whatever the consequences.the saving grace is that when you're gone and forgotten Coventry Speedway will march on regardless.

I love ill educated posts like this that completely ignore the facts and reality of a situation.

You don't like Colin Horton.. that's about all that can be gleaned from this post. The rest is nonsense.

• Like 1

I love ill educated posts like this that completely ignore the facts and reality of a situation.

You don't like Colin Horton.. that's about all that can be gleaned from this post. The rest is nonsense.

Whats Colin Horton got to do with it?? :wink: Its nonsense!! :rofl:

Edited by Skidder1

That is a joke. Should just be Havvy that is fined.

I don't think anyone should be fined.

They keep banging on that "riders safety is of paramount importance" when clearly that isn't the case (when SKY are in town it seems).

If a team believe that the track/conditions are too dangerous, then it should be their prerogative they don't ride.

• Like 2

Did we have Speedway before Sky ? Is there a higher attendance at meetings NOT shown live on Sky ? Have meetings been ridden when hand on heart whatever club you support you knew the meeting should not have started ? I could go on but what's the point ??

The point is we will always have speedway, the point remains that more and more are lost to the sport because of the way it's run.

when I started going as a kid meetings would run irregardless of the weather. Now its called off at the slightest hint of a drop of rain. It's no wonder no one but the hardcore bother to go because unless it's a Dry warm day there is no security to the casual fan that racing will happen.

She got called all names under the sun, but Charlie Webster's disappearance from the speedway scene makes her one wise gal.

Nothing to do with Charlie. She will do it every week if asked, that's her job. Still can't take away the fact she us pretty clueless about speedway after all these years.

• Like 1

the go speed statement asking 48 hours if it should be postponed , if true (?) confirms that it couldnt be postponed on the day because of sky.

the disturbing thing for me is that the track is prepared not by the home guys but by go speed/sky team.

If you find the tweet from Harris and the picture of the track "looking good" was his phrase and then compare it with the track that was there at 7pm, all the top layer had been removed and the starts had been completely ripped up, essentially destroying any home advantage, so what is the point, so we can get to ten heats.

This is the real scandal ignoring all the handbags.

so unless your track is normally bald as a coot (poole) essentially SKY can determine if you have a home advantage or not, which is not right

its all about home advantage, take that away and it becomes farcical

.the saving grace is that when you're gone and forgotten Coventry Speedway will march on regardless.

not when Sandu sells Brandon to the housing developers!! :rofl:

not when Sandu sells Brandon to the housing developers!! :rofl:

Thanks for reminding us of that!

Sure, if they are willing to forfeit all the points.

Can you imagine if a team could refuse to ride at their own discretion? Every time a team was losing they could say the felt unsafe on the track and get another shot.

You do talk a load of bull at times, don't you ever think before you make some of your silly posts.

Just sat and Watched the Poole KL meeting. It was a full Pirate team against one hlf decent guest who never relly got to grips with the meeting after that horrible Blacl/White race where Bjerre pulled a blinder. This was just like watching an EL team up against a PL team, how in heavens name did they ever come up with perhaps one of the worst group of guest riders in the EL this season so far. I just hope it dosen't get any worse, that what was on show at Wimbourne Road on Wednesday.

the go speed statement asking 48 hours if it should be postponed , if true (?) confirms that it couldnt be postponed on the day because of sky.

the disturbing thing for me is that the track is prepared not by the home guys but by go speed/sky team.

If you find the tweet from Harris and the picture of the track "looking good" was his phrase and then compare it with the track that was there at 7pm, all the top layer had been removed and the starts had been completely ripped up, essentially destroying any home advantage, so what is the point, so we can get to ten heats.

This is the real scandal ignoring all the handbags.

so unless your track is normally bald as a coot (poole) essentially SKY can determine if you have a home advantage or not, which is not right

its all about home advantage, take that away and it becomes farcical

You hit the nail on the head. The concerning thing is why when the track was good and to the home riders liking was it then changed so that it was slick like Poole's home track. They were still doing the track a few minutes before the meeting was due to start. The heavy rain then came as the meeting was due to start and the track couldn't take it with the way it was prepared. It's not right when home advantage is taken away and this kind of mess of a meeting takes place when it could be the difference at the end of the season over who finished top. Edited by mdmc82

The point is we will always have speedway, the point remains that more and more are lost to the sport because of the way it's run.

when I started going as a kid meetings would run irregardless of the weather. Now its called off at the slightest hint of a drop of rain. It's no wonder no one but the hardcore bother to go because unless it's a Dry warm day there is no security to the casual fan that racing will happen.

Too true.