British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Nl Fours At Coventry 14th June 2015

To be fair, I didn't know that the circumstances regarding track preparation at Coventry had changed and that the promotion had taken responsibility.

You (and one other) have now put me straight.

That makes a huge difference in that anyone put off by last year's shambles cannot allow that to influence a decision to attend or not this year.

I am not certain if I will be coming or not but I will at the very least now consider it.

Seems I was misled.

Good job I went to Glasgow instead.

Certainly was. £30 down the drain this afternoon as unfortunately the other half went as well. Riders continually falling off, even twice in the same race for a couple of them, awful music, long silences when we didn't know what the hell was going on and why there was a delay. Totally cheesed off ~ it's not often I leave a meeting before the end. :sad:

It'll give Cradley an excuse should they not win it anyway :)

what a moronic post

what a moronic post

what a moronic post

25 heats of last man standing on a woeful track £15

Programme with cramped racecard £2

Perfectly adequate cup of tea £1.50

Watching Brummies fans celebrate their victory a week shy of the anniversary of the club receiving its death warrant PRICELESS.

Well done (but I still wish I'd gone to Vojens!)

• Like 4

Well said.

Edited by OGT

Right just come on here now, spent 3 hours travelling from eastbourne on the trains, if they dont change the venue for the 4s i shall not be going again, track really was not great some horrible crashes, dont know how shanes & kingston walked away from there crashes. Hope all fallers are ok, especially brad. Well done to birmingham, was looking forward to seeing how that zach rode, but the track ruined that i think so will have to see what hes like next week at eastbourne. The riders did well considering the state of the track i think, very drawn out though and very long indeed. Wont be texting updates for it again thats for sure lol

• Like 1

Losing part and parcel of sport. Some take it better then others and if you still think I hate Cradley because of that then i'm afraid your wrong. Anyway he's got bigger fish to fry now so to speak in the PL. Something that you and other Cradley fans will never see :)

Well I am a Cradley fan and I can assure you I have seen them and their riders at a higher standard than PL racing.

I wished all the fans on here saying track S..t. Could have seen the track in the morning? After 30tone of wet shale was taken off and lots more work for hrs was. Just a pity some on have not got s clue.......

• Like 2

I wished all the fans on here saying track S..t. Could have seen the track in the morning? After 30tone of wet shale was taken off and lots more work for hrs was. Just a pity some on have not got s clue.......

I thought the track was fine esp after a weekend of heavy rain. have not seen any of the riders moaning. Connor Mountain said his was due to bike problems. Shutterworth had bike problems in one and was losing his steel shoe in the other which unfortunately led to bringing Shanes off.

The more experienced riders like Greenwood, Perry,Ritchings, Ellis to name a few look in control most of the time.

It doesn't matter what track you go to, NL riders will fall as they give 100% but haven't always got the control or experience which is why the NL is a learning curve.

Look at most NL meetings and you will see. Birmingham a good track but 6 falls in their last home meeting, 7 in stokes, 6 at King's Lynn (best track in NL) and that's in only 15 heats and that's just to name a couple.

I wasn't there yesterday so cant comment on the actual state of the track but the amount of rain all day Saturday and some early Sunday morning I'm not surprised if it wasn't ideal. Coventry's track this season have been far better than last season now they have a genuine track man in.

Sounds like a lot of hard work to get the meeting on.

• Like 1

I wasn't there yesterday so cant comment on the actual state of the track but the amount of rain all day Saturday and some early Sunday morning I'm not surprised if it wasn't ideal. Coventry's track this season have been far better than last season now they have a genuine track man in.Sounds like a lot of hard work to get the meeting on.

In my experience, the one area of track preparation Coventry excel at is excuses.

Well done Brummies---Thanks to SingsforKings for not tipping us once again :t:

That apart seems like a farce of a meeting.

My pleasure. Sounds like your 4 did you proud (as did all of the podium finishers)

Brum must be a cert for the league and knockout cup now :D

• Like 1

how can Coventry have this event again? i was mortified when i saw the updates re crashes

In my experience, the one area of track preparation Coventry excel at is excuses.

As I said I can't comment on track conditions but the amount of rain in the previous 24 hours it was never going to be a classic. Many other tracks would have had problems with a similar amount of rain fall. Just one of them things when you get weather like that. Perhaps it shouldn't have gone ahead with the level the riders are at? Coventry's track as been far far better this season after last year's shambles of the stadium employing a Polish taxi driver.

Edit: Coventry had its most rainfall of the year Friday and rain continued Saturday. Don't know what people expect sometimes regarding track prep when the weather has been like that leading up to a meeting. I don't think track staff could get to the track until Sunday morning.

Edited by woz01

Brum must be a cert for the league and knockout cup now :D

NO!!! Don't say that. PLEASE tip us for the wooden spoon...please!?!

So how different were the weather circumstances between Coventry and Vojens?

The resulting track quality at Vojens seems to have contributed to some fine racing...seems from reports from those there that the opposite was the case at Coventry. Is that a fair assessment?