British Speedway Forum

Its years since I last went to the Cardiff GP but will be this year. Which is the best 'park and ride' to use? I will be travelling from the north-west. I cannot get any sense from Cardiff parking sites apart from times, and cost, and that is extended when there are major events at the Millennium Stadium. Can anyone help?

Edited by tocha

We are from the north west as well, well Chester, we take a lovely route straight down the middle of Wales, by pass Wrexham, go through Brecon Beacons, really good.

2013 we parked at City hall, opposite Travelodge near the Quay.

so last year 2014 we went straight there, only to find an attendant directing everyone to the football ground which we had passed.

Hope Cardiff City football ground is the park this year as it was easy to find, only about 1 mile north of the Millenium Stadium, £5 return last 2 years.

Its dedicated buses that just shuttle back and to the Millenium

Thanks Ove.

It will be signposted from the motorway - just follow them.

We used the Speedway special Park and ride at Cardiff City FC last year, easy to get to and plenty of parking spaces. cost £10 per car last year.

Thanks again.

Does anyone know where the Fanzone is going to be located this year? It didn't work in it's new location last year between the bus station and a busy road so i'm hoping it'll be back on St Mary's Street.

Fanzone in Wood St dunno if that's the same place as last year as I was chinwagging in various hostelries

• Like 1

Has anyone started their annual moan about the pre meeting entertainment yet ?

Does anyone know where the Fanzone is going to be located this year? It didn't work in it's new location last year between the bus station and a busy road so i'm hoping it'll be back on St Mary's Street.

IT is the same as last year ... St Mary's wasn't an option

Wood Street was an awful alternative and just who does the 'organizing' for this?...all over the place with not much regard for fans...chaotic!

Fanzone in Wood St dunno if that's the same place as last year as I was chinwagging in various hostelries

That's what we'll be doing :t:

Wood Street was an awful alternative and just who does the 'organizing' for this?...all over the place with not much regard for fans...chaotic!

BSI have to work with the local council ... cannot just have it where they like.

Hey PhilipRising.. I appreciate that BSI must work within the perimeters of what the council says but..........whats changed from previous years when it was allowed on St Marys St?? that situ was perfect as it was a pedestrianised street all the time whereas Wood st traffic has to be detoured around other streets to get into station on Gp day.

. I was there a fortnight ago and there is construction work along that street as so its going to be diabolical. Plus unless you can get by the barriers you have no chance at all of seeing anything thats going on. Lets hope the stadium has a bit more atmosphere too compared to last yr as there was no music between races etc to get the crowd involved. I know we pay for the speedway but everything adds to the experience. I feel the past few years have been a bit of a let down

Come back Tony Christie all is forgiven :party::rofl::party::party::rofl: