British Speedway Forum

Hey PhilipRising.. I appreciate that BSI must work within the perimeters of what the council says but..........whats changed from previous years when it was allowed on St Marys St??

Money?

• Like 1

Maybe the storeholders have some kind of complaint about the fans milling around outside their shops at St M st.....I thought last year BSI were "having talks" with a possible return to old position of St Marys St for this year but obv it wasnt successful. My opinion is that the 'new' site for fanzone does NOT work.

Every year I walk through fan zone - no more than a few minutes but enough to see what's going on, last year was crap!

There's plenty to see in the Fan Zone, but last year it was crammed into far too small a space for the number of people trying to walk around it.

FROM BSI ...

The council were very reluctant to run the fanzone on St Mary’s St due to health and safety issues – it had outgrown that spot and got very, very congested during the day. To give you an idea, their footfall monitors showed that St Mary’s Strret alone had over 20,000 more people through that area than normal when the fanzone was on St Mary’s Street.

There are very few suitable locations to run the FZ close to the stadium and Wood St is the best option available to us by the Council. Wood St will be closed to traffic to accommodate the FZ – just like last year.

But Wood Street is more congested than St Mary Street.

and 20,000 people is nothing if 200,000 people normally use the street!

FROM BSI ...

The council were very reluctant to run the fanzone on St Mary’s St due to health and safety issues – it had outgrown that spot and got very, very congested during the day. To give you an idea, their footfall monitors showed that St Mary’s Strret alone had over 20,000 more people through that area than normal when the fanzone was on St Mary’s Street.

There are very few suitable locations to run the FZ close to the stadium and Wood St is the best option available to us by the Council. Wood St will be closed to traffic to accommodate the FZ – just like last year.

That just does not make sense.

If the FZ increases footfall by 20,000; then it will do that wherever it is placed.

It cannot make H&S sense to put it where that extra footfall is MORE congested.

Or is the thinking that by making it deliberately more unpleasant to attend people will be coerced into keeping away?

I though the FIM/IMG could nominate anyone this year and had done away with reserves?

Scott is correct kildemand will replace hampel in cardiff as 1st reserve 2 nd reserve is piotr pawlicki and 3 rd reserve sundstrom. The fim have picked them rather than go for the highest non-qualifiers from the challenge

Anyone heard any more about Jarek? How bad are the breaks, Estimate of time out of action?

Jarek was going to Poznan to have an operation on his leg. Would expect him to be out for a long time as double fracture and reports it was a spiral fracture too