British Speedway Forum

Can anyone help me please? I am gutted that on 2nd July I will miss Cardiff because I will be travelling down the Rhine on a boat. The good news is that the boat does have free wi-fi. Does anyone know if I can watch the GP on a German station because I suspect I might not get British Eurosport there? Many thanks.

• Like 1

Can anyone help me please? I am gutted that on 2nd July I will miss Cardiff because I will be travelling down the Rhine on a boat. The good news is that the boat does have free wi-fi. Does anyone know if I can watch the GP on a German station because I suspect I might not get British Eurosport there? Many thanks.

Don`t try and watch it on July 2nd because it`s on July 4th !

Did anyone else hear Nigel Pearson say during the world cup that the Cardiff track is going in early this year.

Yes he said that they were laying the track earlier. I assume this is due to the problems with the track in Warsaw and at Cardiff a couple of years ago

Did anyone else hear Nigel Pearson say during the world cup that the Cardiff track is going in early this year.

yes he did say that the reason I'm told is the football / rugby pitch grass is now permanent and the track will be laid on top of the grass- which to me doesn't sound good at all - they have to get this track right no ifs or buts needs to be 100%

yes he did say that the reason I'm told is the football / rugby pitch grass is now permanent and the track will be laid on top of the grass- which to me doesn't sound good at all - they have to get this track right no ifs or buts needs to be 100%

Is this the case ?

And, if so, has this been done like this at Cardiff before?

This is not the year for new and interesting experimental work.

Is it?

Is this the case ?

And, if so, has this been done like this at Cardiff before?

Is it?

I'm told other years the grass was removed form now on the grass won't be removed its permanent- that's what I've heard .

Is it?

Can't see that it'll make a lot of odds to the track. More likely that the expensive pitch will get damaged.

Can't see that it'll make a lot of odds to the track. More likely that the expensive pitch will get damaged.

Can't you?

I think you will find that 'Ole's method' is well documented as involving massive amounts of 'packing' of the material.

Otherwise it breaks up.

Applying the material to the concrete floor.

May well be a different proposition to some sort false floor over the grass.

Don't you think?

WORK on Cardiff track starts today .... BSI have been allowed into the Millennium much earlier than usual as the stadium isn't being used since the One Direction concert.

It is true that the pitch is now permanent and there has been some changes to the actual mix of the material going down but that should be a positive rather than a negative.

Don't know the full details yet but there will be plenty of track testing going on between now and July 4. Easier to get moisture in than out!

Next week the track in Horsens for the GP there on August 8 will be laid. They have also bought covers, based on those Olsen has at Vojens.

WORK on Cardiff track starts today .... BSI have been allowed into the Millennium much earlier than usual as the stadium isn't being used since the One Direction concert.

It is true that the pitch is now permanent and there has been some changes to the actual mix of the material going down but that should be a positive rather than a negative.

Don't know the full details yet but there will be plenty of track testing going on between now and July 4. Easier to get moisture in than out!

Next week the track in Horsens for the GP there on August 8 will be laid. They have also bought covers, based on those Olsen has at Vojens.

Are you defending all ready lets hope Cardiff is ok as for Horsens it's got disaster written all over it now I say transfer to Vojens now whilst they've the chance especially after the awesome meeting there yesterday
  • Like 1

And here was me thinking the fanzone was out the back of the Prince of Wales pub :drink:

• Like 1