Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Somerset V Rye House 5/6/2015

First visit to Oak Tree this season, unfortunately they still have unnecessary 10 minute interval, not welcome on a chilly evening. In Heat 11 the Steward on 3rd bend not aware that when a rider is on the ground and the red lights come on, he has to raise his red flag. What has happened to the water truck, dust storm in second half of meeting, and no effort to dampen it down, is it ok for customers to be covered in dust?

On the plus side racing good and heat 13 the best race I have ever seen anywhere. Brady looks an outstanding prospect, but the young have no fear, and he needs to take fewer chances or he will end up injured again.

Clearly wanted the Rockets' supporters feel at home lol.

Clearly wanted the Rockets' supporters feel at home lol.

If you go to speedway you're more than likely gonna be covered in wet shale, or dust.

I've been watching speedway clips from the 70's & 80's on YouTube and in many of them there is dust in the air.

Simple solution is not to wear your Sunday best and maybe some sort of cap

Edited by Shads

Shads, Jason Bunyan recommended a lot of things to Len, unfortunately they were all ignored, shame really as there was so much potential for Rockets to go forward.

Steve's turned up with one bike to meetings recently, which would've been ok in the old days, but not acceptable in this more "professional era".

He kept up the trend last night too, whilst appearing to smuggle half the Rye House shale into the OTA with it !!

• Like 1

Just fantastic entertainment last night by 2 fully committed teams, hats of to both.

For the Rockets- Jakobsen showed again he is a class act and Aspegren his liking for the OTA.For the Rebels after another slow start they upped their game - Kurtz pulled off 2 ridiculous passes and Heat 13 was just jaw dropping. They should market that race at new supporters!

• Like 2

What a meeting I witnessed tonight. Two good teams who fought for every point and ht 13 was the best race I have seen for many a year . I would like to explain to oldtimer that the interval helps the club take a bit of money at the food outlets to help keep club in business .

I doubt the 10 people queuing for chips made much difference, and if you were desperate for chips or a beer there are plenty of gaps between races. It's only a small thing, but I have overheard many others voice the same opinion to one another. Used to go to Oak Tree every week and water truck made regular appearance. A great race track and great racing and I won't mention the music or I will be accused of complaining.

As said heat 13 should be used to advertise SOMERSET SPEEDWAY! not sure about UK SPEEDWAY as very few tracks produce racing like that on a regular basis. Even the 95 year old? Len Silver was astatic about heat 13 even if it was a Rebels 5-1.

It has been great racing @ the Oaktree this year so speedway supporters "come on down" (or up) & see some more great racing.

• Like 2

Coming down for the heathens, not been for a few years. Can't wait

Boxall & Dan Greenwood are the weak links in the side as far as I'm concerned. Steves turned up with one bike to meetings recently, which would've been ok in the old days, but not acceptable in this more "professional era".

Jason Bunyan recommended Michael Palm Toft to Len before the start of last season, but Lens love child got the team place. We've all seen how MPT goes around our track.

At reserve you'd like to think he'll score some decent points though. Totally agree though, one bike is completely unacceptable at this level.

I doubt the 10 people queuing for chips made much difference, and if you were desperate for chips or a beer there are plenty of gaps between races. It's only a small thing, but I have overheard many others voice the same opinion to one another. Used to go to Oak Tree every week and water truck made regular appearance. A great race track and great racing and I won't mention the music or I will be accused of complaining.

. The food and bar takings make a lot of difference . I think you should enjoy the excellent facilities we have at Somerset .The racing is the best in the country and the clubhouse is top notch . Try visiting other tracks like I do and you would have something to complain about . Sorry old timer but I think I will name you Victor Meldrew
  • Like 1