Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Premier League Thursday 11th June 2015

Newcastle are smarting from a home defeat at the hands of league leaders Somerset.

Ipswich

1. Danny King
2. Gino Manzares
3. Nico Covatti
4. Cameron Heeps
5. Rohan Tungate
6. Another?
7.Ritchie Hawkins ©

Newcastle
1. Lewis Kerr
2. Anton Rosen
3. Steve Worrall
4. R/R for Christian Henry
5. Ludvig Lindgren
6. Simon Nielsen
7. Lewis Rose

Both teams may have changes that I was unaware of when I started this thread so please post any changes to both teams. Newcastle could be tracking Anton Rosen back from injury but Christian Henry is likely to miss this meeting a mandatory lay off for a concussion injury at Scunthorpe last Friday.
Newcastle thanks to Nico Covatti for his guest booking. He was a popular guest in our defeat against Somerset
As a Newcastle fan I would like to say we will beat the Witches but I cannot see the Diamonds winning, I think we will figure in a number of 3-3 heats

Craig Cook and Leigh Lanham have been booked to cover King and Manzares from what someone said on another post

Newcastle are smarting from a home defeat at the hands of league leaders Somerset.

Ipswich

1. Danny King
2. Gino Manzares
3. Nico Covatti
4. Cameron Heeps
5. Rohan Tungate
6. Another?
7.Ritchie Hawkins ©

Newcastle
1. Lewis Kerr
2. Anton Rosen
3. Steve Worrall
4. R/R for Christian Henry
5. Ludvig Lindgren
6. Simon Nielsen
7. Lewis Rose

Both teams may have changes that I was unaware of when I started this thread so please post any changes to both teams. Newcastle could be tracking Anton Rosen back from injury but Christian Henry is likely to miss this meeting a mandatory lay off for a concussion injury at Scunthorpe last Friday.
Newcastle thanks to Nico Covatti for his guest booking. He was a popular guest in our defeat against Somerset
As a Newcastle fan I would like to say we will beat the Witches but I cannot see the Diamonds winning, I think we will figure in a number of 3-3 heats

Covatti been picking up quite a few bookings this season for various teams .

All a bit low key on this thread!!

I think this could be a real cracker -despite the patched up teams and general grumbling of fans of both sides so far this year!

Witches to win by 12 after a typically hard fought battle with the Diamonds.

Craig Cook and Leigh Lanham have been booked to cover King and Manzares from what someone said on another post

Covatti been picking up quite a few bookings this season for various teams .

Don't doubt it for a minute. A very useful guest for the Diamonds twice up to now and I guess will be high on our preferred list. In fact I could see him as a 2016 Diamond if he wants it.

I'm feeling quite torn by this meeting, I really don't want to miss watching the race off tomorrow (as in live, as it happens not a recording the next day) but after having to miss the last meeting, don't really want to miss this one!

Decisions, decisions...who on earth decided to put a meeting on on the same night as the race off?

• Like 1

Think Ipswich look stronger with the guests they have booked The silver fox Lanham is riding like a teenager again and Cook is better than King Might get 35 points season nearly over .Will be if they get beat off Scunthorpe in cup

Think Ipswich look stronger with the guests they have booked The silver fox Lanham is riding like a teenager again and Cook is better than King Might get 35 points season nearly over .Will be if they get beat off Scunthorpe in cup

LOL King has dropped two points yes two, at home all season long and Manzares is far better at Foxhall than Lanham.

On the face of it, we haven't come out of their absence too bad at all, but in no way are we "stronger".

• Like 1

Crazy decision to ride in world cup week. Even crazier to race when race off is the same night! Can't see many there... well I won't as staying home to watch on tv!

Says it all when "hardened fans" like Baldyman, Crazy Sue and myself are giving it a miss...

• Like 1

I've not decided yet but with my back up not going, I fear I am forced into it.

Not happy as I love watching the World Cup week, even when on holiday I would drop everything and find a place to watch it, even going so far as using my negotiating skills to get someone to put it on.

It is not the same recording it and watching it later, I can't avoid finding out the result because of my involvement in Updates.

Really really annoyed.

I've not decided yet but with my back up not going, I fear I am forced into it.

Not happy as I love watching the World Cup week, even when on holiday I would drop everything and find a place to watch it, even going so far as using my negotiating skills to get someone to put it on.

It is not the same recording it and watching it later, I can't avoid finding out the result because of my involvement in Updates.

Really really annoyed.

Could you not go and, watch the SWC on sky go, someone must have it ??? :-)

I'm travelling down for his one (I must be mad) to support the boys. Hopefully see a cracking meeting, with loads of overtaking and close racing.

• Like 2

It's bad enough trying to watch the meeting, jot down the details and then text without trying to watch a feed too.

I barely have time for the loo or to talk to people next to me, so can't see trying to watch it via my phone at the same time will work (I have Sky Go on my phone) plus I doubt the charge would last either!

Everything is all the more complicated as I am on my own tonight as the person who normally drives is indulging his love of roller coasters in America, so no one to take up the slack or help out.

• Like 1

Sky go doesn't half eat battery life on mobiles, I'm OK on the data side as I have unlimited but for those that don't it's a definite no no. Having said that what a great idea.

Although I'm recording the SWC so will probably try and avoid any scores.

Edited by Super Blue

I'm going and hope that no one tells me the result of the WC race off but can see the crowd being lower than a normal thursday night meeting .

What meeting was arranged 1st the WC meetings of Premier fixtures ?

It's bad enough trying to watch the meeting, jot down the details and then text without trying to watch a feed too.

I barely have time for the loo or to talk to people next to me, so can't see trying to watch it via my phone at the same time will work (I have Sky Go on my phone) plus I doubt the charge would last either!

Everything is all the more complicated as I am on my own tonight as the person who normally drives is indulging his love of roller coasters in America, so no one to take up the slack or help out.

so much for 'multi-tasking' ???,,, lol Edited by ruffdiamond