British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Ipswich V Newcastle Premier League Thursday 11th June 2015

Thank god we signed Covatti. He gives more entertainment than the rest put together. £16 for that, seriously thinking of not going after 40 or so years. The TR ride only made one point difference overall so didn't matter. Chris Louis walking on the centre green alone most of the evening staying out the way says it all really.

• Like 1

It would be surprising if 'Agent Cook' only brought one bike for a guest booking, considering that he would travel in a van that could comfortably accommodate 2 bikes.

Possibly the issue is that Craig is struggling for form/consistency this season compared to last?

I'm not saying he didn't turn up with only 1 bike, but that it's surprising a strong PL heat leader would come to a meeting with only 1 bike unless his spare needed too much work...

Whats the betting when Edinburgh come calling its a totally different Cook we see ?

• Like 1

Whats the betting when Edinburgh come calling its a totally different Cook we see ?

yeah,,, and with more than 1 bike,,, (if the rumours are correct) ;-)

Edited by ruffdiamond

People are saying only nico comes out with any credit, but rohan scored 11? wasn't it a very good 11?

Totally unfair on Cookie.

He had two bikes in the pits ( why do people who have nothing better to do create utter crap about a rider ).

He drove 600 mile round trip ( with many road closures on way home as well ).

He was pretty fed up after the meeting

If your looking for excuses look at some of your regular riders.

• Like 3

People are saying only nico comes out with any credit, but rohan scored 11? wasn't it a very good 11?

Gated in one race and got close to the leader when in 2nd place a few times he pressed but never looked like he was ever going to trouble the race leader with a pass

Totally unfair on Cookie.

He had two bikes in the pits ( why do people who have nothing better to do create utter crap about a rider ).

He drove 600 mile round trip ( with many road closures on way home as well ).

He was pretty fed up after the meeting

If your looking for excuses look at some of your regular riders.

He looked pretty fed up in heat one when he totally missed the start then was at the back struggling to make any sort of progress before sliding off at the start of lap 4 .

Don't know where this only one bike came from ?

Think most of the Witches fans were a little upset that we didn't get the points we thought we were going to get from cookie seeing as over the past 2-3 seasons he has been near on untouchable around Foxhall but looked a shadow of that racer for one reason or another last night .

Everyone is untitled to off nights , bloody hell apart from Nico last night the rest of the Witches might as well stayed at home and watched the W/C race off .

Great win for the Diamonds. Hopefully the 'kick start' to our season. Half decent close racing too.

One thing I'll have a moan about though is, why, after a 20-odd minute delay at the start of the meeting due to the tapes malfunctioning, then another repair to the tapes at heat 3 and four re-runs before heat 7, was it necessary to have an interval? I know there wasn't many of us visiting fans there last night, but the ones that were there had a 5 and a half hour drive home (not helped by various road closures/diversions).

Steve I can see your point about the interval. But in fairness even given all what went on tge kast race finished at just after 9.30.

That was still only 1 hour 45 from advertised first race start time and 2 hours from parade.

What it does show is take out the tapes issue, the multiple re runs, a popped airfence and the interval and 15 heats can and should be run in not much more than an hour!!

Great win for the Diamonds. Hopefully the 'kick start' to our season. Half decent close racing too.

One thing I'll have a moan about though is, why, after a 20-odd minute delay at the start of the meeting due to the tapes malfunctioning, then another repair to the tapes at heat 3 and four re-runs before heat 7, was it necessary to have an interval? I know there wasn't many of us visiting fans there last night, but the ones that were there had a 5 and a half hour drive home (not helped by various road closures/diversions).

Very good win for your Diamonds last night apart from Nico we didn't put any sort of fight up at all . Thought Lewis Kerr had a great night , gated and looked very smooth and composed all night and was backed up by all your riders at one point or another during the meeting.

It was a very stop start stop start meeting tapes faults reruns air fence problems all add up .

Maybe they were trying to give the riders more time to sort themselves out and give Hilton and Louis time to get the riders going but you could have given them another 2 hours and that wouldn't have made the blind bit of deference as we were 2nd best last night .

I will let you know if its worth buying the DVD.

in case anyone is wondering!!

Witches fans - only if youre a masichist

Diamonds fans - 5* recommendation

Great result for the Diamonds, unexpected but needed I feel. Great to see all team members contributing equally and although Kerr top scored it looks like we were solid throughout. Did we catch Ippo on an off night, I think so but no better time to do it. Here's hoping we kick on from here and we don't kick ourselves in the teeth on Sunday. Also great to see we did not capitulate after the interval!!! :t:

Great result once again. :t::party:

• Like 1

I wouldn't have said it's an off night. if it was one, then we are certainly having a fair few of them this season.