Panthers

1: Brady Kurtz (Guest)

2: Palm Toft

3: Ostergaard

4: Kus (Guest)

5: R. Lambert

6: Greenwood

7: S. Lambert

Presume King and Manzares will be back for the Witches?

Ipswich

1: King or L. Bjerre (Guest)

2: Roynon

3: Covatti

4: Heeps

5: Tungate

6: Nielson

7: Hawkins

Edited by dazpanther

I can't understand that...why are we not giving Roynan a run out..he's our rider!..only in British speedway.

Crikey Ostergaard is fit? has that been confirmed.....? :o

Kurtz - great guest! :t:

Bjerre to score 0 in heat 1!! :D

• Like 1

It could still be King, all depends on the World cup of course, and he was in a class of his own when we went there earlier in the season.

Edited by Super Blue

Weather could threaten this one which would be a shame as ippo normaly bring a few over.

Edited by Lukas

Weather could threaten this one which would be a shame as ippo normaly bring a few over.

may well be a few less from ippo for various reasons

Weather

Rider availabilty

Not even knowing what the teams will be

The 3/4 bend being likely to yield a crop of spuds (wink)

How are you getting a guest at 4 (presumably for Blackbird), surely this can only be r/r?

Apologies if I've missed something somewhere!!

Actually , just had a flick through a few weather forecasts and it doesn't look promising , thunderstorms likely . And ploughed field is a very apt assessment for my last visit .

It all depends on where my work takes me tomorrow but I'm definitely planning on going.

Ostergaard set to ride through the pain barrier
1327438657.jpg
Ulrich Ostergaard in action against Berwick.
08:45Thursday 11 June 2015

Skipper Ulrich Ostergaard plans to ride through the pain barrier for Panthers.

Ostergaard is nursing a broken toe and ankle ligament damage after being involved in a crash during a Danish Championship quarter-final last Saturday.

But the 34 year-old is determined to line up for the city side when they return to action against Ipswich Witches tomorrow night (Friday).

Ostergaard said: “I got T-boned by a young kid going into a corner and spent six hours in hospital so it wasn’t the best Saturday night I’ve ever had!

“The x-rays showed that either my little toe or a bone very close to it is broken and there is also ligament damage to my ankle.

“I’ve had it strapped up all week and, providing I can get my boot on and put some weight on it, I will be giving it a go.”

Panthers are also sweating over the fitness of second string Lewis Blackbird, who is still being troubled by back pain suffered in his Bank Holiday Monday spill.

Blackbird also sustained two broken fingers in that crash in the first leg of a first round KO Cup tie against Plymouth two-and-a-half weeks ago and a late decision is likely on his participation with a guest understood to be on stand-by.

Club bosses are expecting teenage star Robert Lambert to return if Great Britain bow out of the World Cup in tonight’s Race-Off.

However, riders involved in FIM events are entitled to miss league matches 24 hours either side of the meeting in question. Panthers would be entitled to the use of a rider/replacement facility for Lambert were he not to return.

Opponents Ipswich have two riders involved in the Race-Off – Great Britain man Danny King and American ace Gino Manzares. Both are understood to have indicated they will race for the Witches on Friday if their nations fail to reach the World Cup final.

One thing set in stone is Panthers’ use of regular guest Brady Kurtz at number one on Friday. They have booked Ben Barker to fill that role at Newcastle on Sunday.

Edited by Flyin Panther

How are you getting a guest at 4 (presumably for Blackbird), surely this can only be r/r?

youve made the mistake of joining a Peterborough thread and expecting rules to have any bearing on opinions! wink

I can't understand that...why are we not giving Roynan a run out..he's our rider!..only in British speedway.

I heard a whisper that he's a bit, erm, disenchanted with Panthers because they stuck with Toft (sound decision imho) and he doesn't think he'll get back in the Panthers team.

I guess it's his preogative to take a guest ride against us, but from the fans' point of view it does stick in the craw.

It'd be interesting to know if Panthers asked Roynan to ride FOR us in this meeting. If they did, maybe Ipswich had beaten them to it - in which case fair enough. But if he blanked Panthers then eff him. And if Panthers didn't even consider using Roynan then it makes us wonder why.

I think looking press release the team should read

4. Kus or r/r

5. R Lambert or r/r

with r/r definitely being in one of the places

• Like 1

Crikey Ostergaard is fit? has that been confirmed.....? :o

Kurtz - great guest! :t:

Bjerre to score 0 in heat 1!! :D

We can only hope that Ulrich rides ok and that the injury doesn't affect his riding too much.

yeah Brady Kurtz will do for me. Not bothered about L.Bjerre - agree about heat 1

Not so sure about Kus though. If my memory serves me well he was distinctly average last time we saw him at the Showground - but I'm happy to stand corrected on that.