British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peterborough daz

Peterborough Panthers V Ipswich Witches -12/06/2015

Personally I'm glad Lambert didn't make it back because I think if he'd been there the result would have been reversed.

As for Danny and Gino being there and Lambert not, only he will know if he just couldn't be arsed or simply didn't have the resources to return in time .

All I know is I would be seriously dischuffed with him if I were a Panthers fan !

As it turned out, a much needed 3pts for the Witches and a pleasurable journey home from the showground for once.

• Like 2

Think it was a cracking meeting, & a draw would have been a fair result. Be interesting to see what the team is in a week or two.

• Like 1

As good as Kurtz has been as a guest for us we need at least 2-3 changes including finding out own number 1.

We are effectively giving him and Somerset practice and track knowledge of the showground.

Greenwood is just too slow and needs regular NL racing.

Robert Lambert is a huge talent but we hardly see him so there's a decision to be made there.

If only Olly Allen didn't get injured

• Like 1

Robert Lambert rides on the continent and runs just one set of bikes he takes everywhere seems a strange setup or is it an ill prepared way of doing things ,

he must have drivers who transport his bikes around and they should of been able to follow the example of King & Manzares, they do the driving while the rider does the flying mostly to get his rest , theres also the fact that Kyle Howarth made it back to ride at Scunny . does sound it was a case of ive got an excuse not to ride i will use that, maybe hes stayed in Denmark to watch the final then he will say i cant get to Newcastle either

• Like 2

Robert Lambert rides on the continent and runs just one set of bikes he takes everywhere seems a strange setup or is it an ill prepared way of doing things ,

he must have drivers who transport his bikes around and they should of been able to follow the example of King & Manzares, they do the driving while the rider does the flying mostly to get his rest , theres also the fact that Kyle Howarth made it back to ride at Scunny . does sound it was a case of ive got an excuse not to ride i will use that, maybe hes stayed in Denmark to watch the final then he will say i cant get to Newcastle either

Or maybe he went to germany to see his girlfriend ?

I'm not disputing that point, I'm sure that's the case. I just don't know why we're defending Lambert with excuses which don't stack up based on what we know. The bottom line is that he couldn't be arsed and had the option to not bother. If I see a decent explanation then I'll apologise.

Quite agree - Lambert actually did all he possibly could to avoid riding at Peterborough and at the end of the day it was only the FIM 24 hour ruling that got him off the hook. The Panthers should get rid of him but only when it suits them to do so!

• Like 1

Or maybe he went to germany to see his girlfriend ?

Or renew his licence!

King actually used the engine Lambert rode in Vojens if the rumours are true. Either way, he doesn't give a toss about Panthers, so we need to get used to him missing meetings. Shame, because he is a cracking rider to watch.

This is correct Danny did use the GTR engine used by Lambert in Vojens, he switched back to his GM for heat 15.

The van and bikes were back in time to go to the workshop and prepared properly for last night not just a dash straight to the track.

Mr Rathbones comment about the Ipswich pair having better resources to enable them to ride last night are a little wide of the mark.

• Like 2

This is correct Danny did use the GTR engine used by Lambert in Vojens, he switched back to his GM for heat 15.

The van and bikes were back in time to go to the workshop and prepared properly for last night not just a dash straight to the track.

Mr Rathbones comment about the Ipswich pair having better resources to enable them to ride last night are a little wide of the mark.

Thanks for the info. So not only did Lambert make no effort to turn up, his engine is then used by the opposition number one. You really couldn't make it up :rofl:

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. So not only did Lambert make no effort to turn up, his engine is then used by the opposition number one. You really couldn't make it up :rofl:

Perhaps it was Kings engine in the first place

Edited by scoobydoo

Thanks for the info. So not only did Lambert make no effort to turn up, his engine is then used by the opposition number one. You really couldn't make it up :rofl:[/quote

Perhaps it was Kings engine in the firat place

Good point, but if that engine got back in time, then so should the rider and the bike it was bolted to...imo

• Like 2

It's probably still Marcel Gerhard's engine.

• Like 1

Personally I'm glad Lambert didn't make it back because I think if he'd been there the result would have been reversed.

As for Danny and Gino being there and Lambert not, only he will know if he just couldn't be arsed or simply didn't have the resources to return in time .

All I know is I would be seriously dischuffed with him if I were a Panthers fan !

As it turned out, a much needed 3pts for the Witches and a pleasurable journey home from the showground for once.

GIVE the kid a break. Think you might find it was more his parents' decision that he couldn't get back but they will learn as will Robert.

It's probably still Marcel Gerhard's engine.

KING used a GTR in his first four rides but switched to his GM for the last heat decider. Didn't have the benefit of Gerhard and or Tatum on hand to help with set up. The GTR is, apparently, very different to ride than a GM and Danny naturally felt that for such an important heat he should use what he knew best.

That GTR and another will be going to Chris Harris at Coventry for the BF.

• Like 1