British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peterborough daz

Peterborough Panthers V Ipswich Witches -12/06/2015

Nice day for fishing isn't it.

Day early, season starts tomorrow

Day early, season starts tomorrow

The don't bother about such technical detail in Norfolk!

The don't bother about such technical detail in Norfolk!

Norfolk and Chance! :rofl:

My thoughts are that he signed up to ride for Panthers and that's what he should do unless he has a bloody good reason. A Raheem Sterling type excuse does not change much although it might have been more acceptable if it was a one off and his fellow SWC competitors had not managed to return without too much trouble as you say. Once the decision was taken then then the water coming is was always greater than the size of the bucket bailing it out. Lambert has Panthers management by the gonads but the team is better off with him than without, that's common sense and everyone knows it, hence the charm offensive: "PETERBOROUGH promoter Ged Rathbone hailed the returning Robert Lambert" - I don't know whether he'll learn from this but I doubt that he'll be riding in the UK in a few years so will probably just ride through any stick he gets. A question to you: would Lambert have needed a reason if Kings Lynn were riding a Saddlebow Road on Friday evening?

When he got criticism for missing a Panthers meeting while being ill and riding in Germany, didn't his mum get all defensive on Facebook (apologies if my memory is crap) and say let's see how we feel if he is selected for Team GB & misses Panthers meetings?

Well it was only one but she has her answer!

Thanks for your thoughts, without doubt a passionate reply. Not sure if "a question to you" was directed back to me, however if so then - in my opinion from an outsider looking in - he does appear to have more commitment to riding for Kings lynn and again imo I think he would have been back in that scenario, which is quite a sad comment for Panthers fans to hear.

I actually agree that if this had been the first case of missing a meeting other than double up clashes then there may have been a bit more tolerance, but can fully appreciate the anger at basically being taken for mugs with all the excuses touted - always a very dangerous business giving reasons which can then be disproved!!

As to excuses from footballers being too tired - don't get me on my soap box about that! I'm from an era when games were played Saturday, cup replay Monday, draw so another replay Thursday and then game on Saturday - now with the obscene money being paid they can't train for a few hours and then play twice a week - utter crap!!! end of rant

Lets not pussyfoot about the failure of Lambert to appear was nothing short of disgracefull.

Absolutely its was only Denmark not the other side of the world for heavens sake!

• Like 1