British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
peterborough daz

Peterborough Panthers V Ipswich Witches -12/06/2015

Courtesy of Robert Lambert i would say...

for sure.

Ostergaard wasn't at his best - probably due to the injury (?), Kus blew hot & cold, Toft struggled with his bikes in his first 2 rides, simon Lambert was also unlucky with his machinery. Greenwood continues to be rubbish and has to be replaced, surely?

But excuses aside, Ippo deserved the narrow win on the night - and Robert Lambert's disgraceful no-show cost us the points.

• Like 2

Kurtz a good guest but we lack that leader at 1 with track know how etc for the others

MPT- Machinery poor but battled

Kus- Poor guest, Todd Kurtz and Jack Holder were both watching and could have done better

Ostergaard - battled but clearly not fit

Lambert - machinery played him up but scored well

Greenwood - my lawn mower is quicker - needs to ride NL

Suppose Lambert had Wuffy syndrome and claiming he was tired

• Like 1

Panthers lost a few points through mechanical problems tonight but the main reason we lost is down to the no show of Lambert, just 6+1 from his RR rides.

Very disappointing attitude for both the management and the supporters.

• Like 2

The warning signs were there against Berwick where we got out of jail..so I went to tonights meeting expecting us to lose against a poor Ipswich team and we did. Simon Lamberts good form has glossed over a patched up team that needs changes so its no surprise to me that as soon as he has a bad one we lose. I'm sorry but Greenwood is too slow, has been all season and is not improving. And as good as R.Lambert is I'd rather not have him if he's not comitted (how many league matches has he ridden!?). Something needs to be done and soon..

But hey it's not all bad..we are in a good position and maybe this is the wake up call we needed..I Trust Ged Rathbone to get it right.

Also I stayed on to watch the Danish guy and he looked as fast as Blackbird on track..so I wonder what the plans are?

Edited by Lukas

this was taken from Peterborough's web site. In support of Robert Lambert.

Lambert is within his rights to miss the Premier League clash as it comes 24 hours after his involvement in an FIM meeting while Panthers are entitled to a facility. They will operate rider replacement to cover his absence.

So were King and Manzares but they made it back along with there bikes as well, hes a talented rider but hes not as big as the team hes pushing his luck now especially with the fans , has he not said he wants to ride in Poland next season so it looks like hes not thinking of returning to Peterborough which maybe a good thing anyway

Did the danish guy go round with Blackbird if so he must be looking to return at Newcastle

• Like 2

Lambert is within his rights to miss the Premier League clash as it comes 24 hours after his involvement in an FIM meeting while Panthers are entitled to a facility. They will operate rider replacement to cover his absence.

Statement of fact and hardly support.

Then we have King & Manzares at the EoES making the excuses look rather limp: "But Lambert has told them he does not have sufficient time to travel back from Vojens in Denmark" & "we were hoping robert would be able to get his machines back from denmark this isnt possible"

As a rider I think he's fantastic but he's only ridden 3 out of 8 league matches for us...what good is that if it continues?

• Like 4

Good news if King is going to be there but still giving it a miss still rather fed up at the Witches performance last night .

Hoping that i regret it later and the Witches put some effort into it tonight but right now i don't think that will happen

Have to say I'm pleased to have been proven wrong well done Witches just please show the the same sort of fight and commitment for the rest of the season

Does Lambert have any continental bookings this weekend?

Not sure about on the continent, but Lambert does have a booking at Newcastle with Peterborough. :blink:

What right has Lambert got in missing any fixture for Peterborough, in these circumstances, he wasn't injured, he wasn`t stranded somewhere where there was no flights back to GB that couldn't get him to the EoES on time.

• Like 1

So were King and Manzares but they made it back along with there (sic) bikes as well.....

exactly.

That statement on the official website is nearly as disgraceful as the way R.Lambert let us down.

hes a talented rider but hes not as big as the team hes pushing his luck now especially with the fans......

I'm sure he'll get a frosty reception at the next home meeting when the team gets introduced in front of the stand. I don't suppose he will give a toss - but it'll make us feel better!