Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Teterow 2016

KELVIN Tatum, who has ridden there, reckons the track is pretty good.

To be honest,i think I was there the last time kelvin rode on the track.He was pretty much retired from speedway and was there only to do the Bergring,but someone pulled out and Kelvin agreed to ride in the speedway meeting as a late replacement.The track even then was a gaters paradise and its reputation has declined since.Last years U21 World team comp had bad problems with the track and I think one team at least asked for an inspection half way through.In another german meeting the senior riders refused to go out and the meeting ended up a farce with only the juniors doing their heats.......

Edited by iris123

The track even then was a gaters paradise and its reputation has declined since.Last years U21 World team comp had bad problems with the track and I think one team at least asked for an inspection half way through.In another german meeting the senior riders refused to go out and the meeting ended up a farce with only the juniors doing their heats.......

Sounds like the track would be perfect for a GP then. LOL

• Like 1

I gather that for STANDING tickets on the grass bank, next year, they will be asking €60. Who knows what grandstand (or temporary grandstand) ticket prices will be. This makes Cardiff cheap in comparison.

What on earth has gone on to cause this price to be decided on? Needless to say, my provisional plans to go have now been cancelled, and the German fans I was talking to in Gorzow are of the same opinion.

Have the organisers & BSI really lost their marbles? They haven't just shot themselves in the foot but they've obliterated their foot with an entire artillery strike.

I gather that for STANDING tickets on the grass bank, next year, they will be asking €60. Who knows what grandstand (or temporary grandstand) ticket prices will be. This makes Cardiff cheap in comparison.

Thought it was still being officially denied there will be a GP there at all. :rolleyes:

Would guess though, the local organisers set the prices.

Thought it was still being officially denied there will be a GP there at all. :rolleyes:

Would guess though, the local organisers set the prices.

BEING denied and not confirming are two different things. Pretty sure Teterow will be on the calendar but dates are far from agreed for a number of the venues.

Anyone know where in Germany is teterow and how would the crowd get to the stadium.

Anyone know where in Germany is teterow and how would the crowd get to the stadium.

Teterow is approx 100 miles North/North West of Berlin and a similar distance East of Hamburg and those are probably the two closest German cities.

It is only a few miles futher to Gorzow. It certainly seems to go against everything BSI claim to want for the SGP to allow a GP her

• Like 2

Like Oldace said it is a bit off the beaten track.Rostock is the nearest sizeable town and very nice it is too.As for getting to the track,well for the big grasstrack meeting they normally had(have) shuttle buses running from the town,so i'd guess they would do this for a GP.The fit usually have a rucksack full of beer and walk :P

• Like 1

Sacktruck to carry the beer would be easier

Even better would be one of those fishermans trolleys which convert into a seat

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 2

Sacktruck to carry the beer would be easier

Even better would be one of those fishermans trolleys which convert into a seat

Actually what is quite common in Germany are these.Get them to hire at places like zoos,to cart the kids and all the food + drink around.And we have groups of guys roaming the streets on fathers day with one full of beer.

https://www.google.de/search?q=vatertag+2015&biw=1366&bih=673&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI8YzjltbsxwIVQ14aCh0uBQ1S#tbm=isch&q=vatertag+bollerwagen

https://www.google.de/search?q=bollerwagen&biw=1366&bih=673&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0CD8QsARqFQoTCIWUuKPV7McCFUMyGgod-ewFJA

Edited by iris123

Seeing as I went to the trouble of searching out the report from last years problem meeting for the U21 team quali,including a couple of vids showing a couple of the crashes on the same bend I think it only right to put it on this thread

http://www.speedweek.com/speedwayu21teamwm/news/58005/U21-Team-WM-Teterow-Deutsches-Team-versagte.html

second meeting last season, this time riders refused to ride

http://www.speedway-forum.de/index.php/Thread/11102-Eklat-am-Bergring-Junge-Speedway-Fahrer-boykottieren-den-Start/?postID=173042&highlight=teterow#post173042

Edited by iris123

If you are thinking of going, there are 3 realistic options:

1. Fly to Szczecin in Poland, hire a car there at Polish prices and it's an easy drive, for about 3 hours.

2. Fly to Berlin, and hire a car at German prices. It's less than 2 hours drive from there.

3. Fly to Hamburg and hire a car at German prices. It's about a 2 hours drive from there.

Sadly Rostock does not have an airport connected with flights to the UK. Keep an eye open in case any of the budget airlines decides to re-open a route to Hamburg (Lübeck) though, as this will cut the traveling distance down by a lot. Ryanair used to fly to Lübeck but I gather that they discontinued the flights from there to the UK this year. Who knows what they may do again next year.

• Like 1

. Keep an eye open in case any of the budget airlines decides to re-open a route to Hamburg (Lübeck) though, as this will cut the traveling distance down by a lot. Ryanair used to fly to Lübeck but I gather that they discontinued the flights from there to the UK this year. Who knows what they may do again next year.

Anything at Lübeck seems highly unlikely at the moment.........

http://www.zeit.de/2015/26/flughafen-luebeck-investor

• Like 1