British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Teterow 2016

I gather that for STANDING tickets on the grass bank, next year, they will be asking €60. Who knows what grandstand (or temporary grandstand) ticket prices will be. This makes Cardiff cheap in comparison.

What on earth has gone on to cause this price to be decided on? Needless to say, my provisional plans to go have now been cancelled, and the German fans I was talking to in Gorzow are of the same opinion.

Have the organisers & BSI really lost their marbles? They haven't just shot themselves in the foot but they've obliterated their foot with an entire artillery strike.

Where did you 'hear' this news.

• Like 1

Ok folks, some news. There will be a temporary grandstand at the backstraight. i expect the prices to be around 45-50€ for standing.

It's not always a gaters paradise there, this year in may they must of had one of the best races ever. They now know how to work the track to make it raceble and allow passing. So if the weather is just fine they will do their best for sure.

I think already about 10.000 Tickets are sold.

If you are interested in going there, you got 2 more meetings to watch in the closer area. At Gustrow there will be a 2nd Division match on Friday and on Sunday at Wolfslake (north west of Berlin) will be junior meetings with 50cc , 125cc and 250cc classes.

First of all, i'm surprised that Teterow got the GP. Its going to take a huge effort to accommodate and transport people to this very sleepy town, infact I have already been told to forget staying anywhere near Teterow as its basically been booked up by BSI / Riders / etc.

I actually hired a car and went to both the big grass track meeting and the U21 WTC meeting in 2014 (they were on over the same period), what I found strange was despite the huge crowds, Teterow itself was dead, the limited bars and resteraunts were almost empty.

The track was flat and overtaking was difficult, spectator facilities (food, drink, etc, were good though)

Gustrow, just half an hour or so up the road is a decent option for digs, there will also be a meeting there on the eve of the GP, and I hear they are putting on transport to the GP (buses).

It will be a GP with a difference, but my gut instinct is, the Germans will put on a good show...and the beer will be cold.

Ticket prices are very reasonable too.

We've decided to go from Brum to Berlin via Munich using Lufthansa, will then hire a car and drive from Berlin and stay a few km's out of Teterow.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Martin Smolinski named as wildcard - reserves are Kroner and Huckenbeck.

Put the news on here a few hours before....... ;)

Smoli wants a whole curve to be full of German fans and he is willing to donate 1000 flags

http://www.speedweek.com/speedwaygp/news/96853/Martin-Smolinski-(31)-beschwoert-die-deutschen-Fans.html

Seems around 7,500 tickets sold so far

Not much excitement on here... anyone going to this 200th GP?

Weather looks to be great and a huge crowd is expected :)

Saw a video of the stadium yesterday , not exactly inspiring , we toyed with the idea of going but happy we decided not to in the end , can't understand why they didn't hold German round in other German track ?anyway hope the racing is good and the German fans create good atmosphere

I was just thinking "its about the time AJ starts moving a bit to get the points or impress for a wild card", seem to do it most years, but after reading about his injuries its not going to happen this year.

Saw a video of the stadium yesterday , not exactly inspiring , we toyed with the idea of going but happy we decided not to in the end , can't understand why they didn't hold German round in other German track ?anyway hope the racing is good and the German fans create good atmosphere

Money i guess.Think the club make a mint from their Bergring grasstrack weekend

A very good meeting on the friday night as well with a Peace + Friendship Cup with German and Russian riders at nearby Wittstock

Team Russia

Andrey Kudryashov

Viktor Kulakov

Renat Gafurov

Emil Sayfutdinov

Vadim Tarasenko

Gleb Chugunov

Team Germany

Mathias Schultz

Steven Mauer

Christian Hefenbrock

Matten Kröger

Michael Härtel

Mirko Wolter

Mads Hansen (Denmark)!!!!

® Maximilian Pott

Might be a change or 2.Think Hefenbrock was in hospital a day or so ago.Might be wrong there

Wittstock was used by the Russians for bombing practice back in the old communist days and it is estimated that about 100,000 unexploded bombs are still in an exclusion zone there.So there are old traditions of German/Russian "friendship" :P which i think is what this meeting is refering to

Edited by iris123