Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Coventry Bees 17/6/15

Going back to the who can come in for Robbo. From July 1st the Bees have 6.69 points to replace him! Also, Hans is very likely to drop to second string in August.

Think we definitely need to replace Robson but who with. Hans could be handy at Reserve if gets his bike problems sorted

Can't remember any mention of champagne, fireworks and showers in the official meeting summary of the Final by Poole in 2010. We didn't even get to see the usual match report on here as Steve Shovlar went missing as well. :lol: Sometimes things just get overlooked.

😂😂😂👍🏻👍🏻

Can't remember any mention of champagne, fireworks and showers in the official meeting summary of the Final by Poole in 2010. We didn't even get to see the usual match report on here as Steve Shovlar went missing as well. :lol: Sometimes things just get overlooked.

Surely the official summary should include things that DID happen, rather than those that may not have??!!! :D:t:

• Like 1

I've stayed off this thread til this morning - as later than usual getting back from the meeting last night!

Like many other decent Poole fans I don't condone the small number of idiots in one section of the grandstand who cheered the ambulance last night. I can assure you that many words of disgust were expressed towards those idiots. (Although I thought a lot of the cheering was at the ambulance finally coming onto the track, after what seemed an age!!)

I'm delighted to hear that Sarjeant's injuries are not as bad as first feared. I think he's one of the most talented EDRs around (I even have him in one of my Fantasy League teams!!).

However, I must comment on his belligerent and over-the-top actions towards the Poole Start Marshall, when attempting to pass on the referee's warning for 'moving at the start' in Heat 4!! He clearly wasn't interested in any warning, as he shook his head when approaching the tapes for the re-run. To then stand up and go head/helmet to head with the Marshall was just totally out of order and what clearly incensed many in the large Poole crowd and potentially led to any unnecessary booing/cheering later on - the type of incident that has a similar effect in any meeting!.

Any stronger and more experienced referee (M.Breckon??) could have excluded him from the race and/or meeting, especially after knocking the chequered flag from the Marshall's hand at the finish of heat 4 before punching the pit gate post as he strode back to the pits having dumped his bike on the 2nd turn!! In fact in hindsight, if he had been excluded from the meeting at that point, he would not have put himself in the over-exuberant position of causing his crash in heat 12!! The kid needs to be calmed down a bit.

Of course, none of this incident is referred to in the Coventry official meeting summary - why am I not surprised?!

Finally, well done to Garrity, Harris (very fast engine!!) and King for making a decent meeting of it, but on the night just no match for a strong Pirates side, who are still not firing on all cylinders!

if this is true then a chill pill is required. No need for any of that in Speedway. Take it on the chin boy and man up and come out better in the next race.

• Like 1

This is the start marshal that was so upset at not being quiet quick enough to get the tapes down in front of Sarj and Jason to stop them from going round to the pit gate for attention to their bikes and then went up to Sarj when he got back to the tapes and grabbed him and started lecturing him.

I believe the same sort of thing went on against Belle Vue with Cookie.

This is the start marshal that was so upset at not being quiet quick enough to get the tapes down in front of Sarj and Jason to stop them from going round to the pit gate for attention to their bikes and then went up to Sarj when he got back to the tapes and grabbed him and started lecturing him.

I believe the same sort of thing went on against Belle Vue with Cookie.

Thats what has been said on other sites as well. Trying to provoke them for a response. Sarjeant is one of the quietest, nicest riders there are.

Sarjeant is one of the quietest, nicest riders there are.

Really?

I remember him at Mildenhall a few years ago when he had half the Mildy team and half the crowd after him!!

• Like 1

. Sarjeant is one of the quietest, nicest riders there are.

Really

• Like 1

Thats what has been said on other sites as well. Trying to provoke them for a response. Sarjeant is one of the quietest, nicest riders there are.

Was he not one of the ones fighting in the NL meeting against Dudley?

• Like 2

One of the quietest and nicest riders, he has been involved in more punch ups than Nicki Pedersen.

• Like 3

Surely the official summary should include things that DID happen, rather than those that may not have??!!! :D:t:

Once a journalist............

Moribund meeting that took an eternity to run. Classless home fans, moronic start marshall and the expected thrashing.

Moronic start marshall. He is doing exactly as instructed by the referee. If the rider in question is told by the start marshall to do something via the referee then that rider should do exactly as he's told. If he doesn't then he can expect to feel the referee's wrath. No rider should question the start marshall, he is doing what the referee tells him to do. If said rider doesn't like that, then there's a phone in the pits. And eventually a debit card machine to pay the fine.

Spoke to Havvy. Broken ribs and a possible punctured lung for Sarjeant.

Moribund meeting that took an eternity to run. Classless home fans, moronic start marshall and the expected thrashing.

Taxi for Andersen. Would prefer a junior in the side than somebody who can't be bothered.

Moronic start marshall. He is doing exactly as instructed by the referee. If the rider in question is told by the start marshall to do something via the referee then that rider should do exactly as he's told. If he doesn't then he can expect to feel the referee's wrath. No rider should question the start marshall, he is doing what the referee tells him to do. If said rider doesn't like that, then there's a phone in the pits. And eventually a debit card machine to pay the fine.

That's all well and good starman.

However maybe you should direct it at the above poster who wrote it and not me! :rofl:

Going back to the who can come in for Robbo. From July 1st the Bees have 6.69 points to replace him! Also, Hans is very likely to drop to second string in August.

If Swindon have to make one other change to accommodate the possible Ward signing maybe a Zengota or Howarth could become available ?

We HAVE to take advantage of that.

I was in the Winchester diocese and went over to watch this match. Very healthy attendance (couldn't get the 'Popemobile' in the regular car park!) on a well prepared track. Some great racing, plenty of incident and controversy but a rather sad end with young Sarjeant coming off. Good to hear that he's not too bad. Poole were worthy winners but hats off to Chris Harris, Jason Garrity and Daniel King for battling well for the Bees. Three observations a) I think in heat 7 Joonas was clearly unhappy with Chris Holders starting position but dealt with his frustration in the best way by popping out clean and taking a win. B) On the James Sarjeant issue in heat 4, it was clear from the speed at which he approached the tapes that James had no intention of listening to the referee's instuction via the start marshall, however instead of the marshall stepping away and giving feedback to the referee away from the tapes on his microphone, he got involved in an unnecessary 'war of words' that went on for over 30 seconds and ultimately contributed to the kick out from James at the end of the heat. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but I think Micheal Breckon (referee) needed to be stronger with both parties when the verbal exchanges and pointing didn't stop quickly. c) The unsavory cheers by a few home fans(?) towards Sarjeant at the time of his fall and when the ambulance appeared were disgusting - one day those individuals may like to reflect on the suffering of fellow man.

• Like 2