British Speedway Forum
robert72

Ben Barker

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to a rider who never gives less than 100%

• Like 2

I know he's not everyone favourite rider but Ben Barker is someone who adds to a meeting, the sport is a lot duller without him. So hopefully we'll see him back on a bike ASAP.

At least it is good news, that Ben can move both his arms and legs. Hopefull he will be able to heal all by himself rather than having to have any sort of spinal surgury, as this can be far more dangerous than the injury itself.

Sometimes it is best left well alone and let nature do all the work by itself.

Wish him all the best and hope that what ever damage he sustained soon heals.

• Like 1

Was a nasty accident and injuries could have been far worse, get well soon Ben !

Wishing Ben a speedy recovery

Regards Tony.

taken from Bens facebook page

So just had the report from mr1 scan and had some bad news as I have just been told I have broke 3 vertebras.. Waiting for them to have a meeting to see which way they are gonna deal with it...

This is bad news for Ben, I just hope that whatever the damage, that is not to serious. The spine can be a very naughty thing, when it gets hurt, I know as I had 7 vertibrae collapse in my neck and it trapped my spinal chord, there was to much broken bone, luckily all on the outside and they decided it was not safe to opperate, as the risk of parralising me from the neck down was to great.

They managed to get the swelling down on my spinal chord with lots of steriod infusions.

So be there and know what it is like. The only problem was I was never the same again, and can only walk a few yards and any distance above that I have to use a wheelchair. My right legs drags along and my left is no much better.

Hope they can get Ben sorted out OK, as what happened to me I would not wish on him. No sure if this will be the end of his riding days or not. Wish Ben all the best and hope to see him around the tracks again, as soon as possible.

Keep your pecker up lad and fight, with all you have in you, if you fight the way you ride, we will see you back soon.

Take care and I hope all goes well for you.

• Like 1

As bad as the news is I will admit that I feared it would be a lot worse.

Good luck Ben with your recovery.