British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
secsy1

Moving Venue Finals

With a lot of people complaining about same old venue`s and promoters lining their pockets by granting themselves the big meeting, lets have a rotating country wide effort to attract and if possible at times regionalise finals for ease of supporters purses. Maybe I have missed a track or event but only a idea.

Fixtures 2016

April. U21 Qualifiers at Eastbourne and Plymouth. Final at Rye House.

May. British Final Qualifiers at Kent on a Monday, Poole on a Wednesday.

June. SWC Qualifier at NSS Belle Vue. Premier League Fours at Berwick. British Final Sheffield.

July. Premier League Pairs at Peterborough. National League Fours at Somerset.

Aug. U19 Championship at Ipswich. National League Pairs at Scunthorpe.

Sep. Elite League Riders Championship at Wolverhampton. Premier League Riders Championship at Glasgow. National League Riders Championship at Ipswich.

Fixtures 2016

April. U21 Qualifiers at Edinburgh and Berwick. Final at Glasgow.

May. British Final Qualifiers at Lakeside and Leicester

June. SWC Qualifier at NSS Belle Vue. Premier League Fours at Redcar. British Final Ipswich.

July. Premier League Pairs at Newcastle. National League Fours at Stoke.

Aug. U19 Championship at Mildenhall. National League Pairs at Rye House.

Sep. Elite League Riders Championship at Swindon. Premier League Riders Championship at Ipswich. National League Riders Championship at Scunthorpe.

I'm all for promoters lining their pockets (providing they put on a decent meeting) - otherwise how are they going to cover the losses that most of them make during the regular season?

Stick with what works, that means PL Pairs at Somerset on eve of GP, PL Fours at Peterboro on a Sunday when everyone has six hours (excluding travel time) to spare. I like the idea of the British championship at the new Belle Vue.

Given the standard of riders British Championship qualifiers should be on PL tracks and Under 21 qualifiers on NL tracks.

• Like 2

I thought the shared events profits or losses were shared between all the clubs so no-one is lining their pockets. I think thats why everyone is happy with maintaining the current way they're shared out.

I'm all for promoters lining their pockets (providing they put on a decent meeting) - otherwise how are they going to cover the losses that most of them make during the regular season?

Stick with what works, that means PL Pairs at Somerset on eve of GP, PL Fours at Peterboro on a Sunday when everyone has six hours (excluding travel time) to spare. I like the idea of the British championship at the new Belle Vue.

Given the standard of riders British Championship qualifiers should be on PL tracks and Under 21 qualifiers on NL tracks.

Good post. Sense and sensibility.

• Like 1

Think it should be one year south next year north 4 tt workington& pairs glasgow like it was a few years ago so us northerners can have a 2 day tour for a change.