British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
weatherwatcher

Burton & Leicestershire Grasstack

Can anyone tell me if Burton & leicestershire grasstack club. have folded, been looking for their website but can't find it also the facebook and twitter account have ceased to be. They have prommised meetings at Donnington and called them of and only seemed to have a couple of meetings if that a year. It would be a shame to lose a club that is so close to me. All the others are to far for me to travel to being disabled and I suffer from lots of pain in my neck and back, travilling any distance is a no no.

Where is the nearest club to South Derbyshire, ie less than 30 miles away. Would love to take my grandson as he loves his speedway, it would be nice to take him to see some grasstrack for a change. Elite league speedway these days is pricing its self out the market, the last meeting we went to at Leicester Lions cost me £60 by the time I took my diesel, admission, programme and coffee into consideration, it is something that I find hard to go to very often.

Two days of grass track on 8/9th august at donington park. Saturday 8th is youth and vintage classes, Sunday 9th is adult and sidecar classes. Usually 2 days of quality racing and pretty sure its free entry ☺

Thanks for that. Will keep my eye on the internet to see how things are going. Luckily I come home on the Friday before the meeting after a week in respite care. Saturday is out, but I should be there on the Sunday to give my grandson his first taste of Grasstrack, we go to see Leicester Lions, so it will be good to for him to see a different aspect of the sport.

Why do they bother advertising this meeting in August at Donnington Park. I had it planned yet again to take my grandson to see some good grasstrack racing only to find it had been cancelled yet again.

Last year it was cancelled due to rain - cant help that.

This year was lack of entries... but to be fair pretty much every meeting has suffered from that this year.