British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rjsj9803

Arena V Wolves

Well, I only spotted three of us Wolves fans at the 'Torun Of The South' last night. We were fortunate to get a place on the back straight with a clear view of the track. Thankfully we were kept company by a guy with a Charlton Athletic badge on his coat and a Hackney proggy board who gave us the chance to talk about the good old days! The cafe food was excellent (again), then things went downhill... Think top eight is the best we can hope for now!

• Like 1

I changed my viewing last night from back straight to the bar. I normally move to the back straight after the first pint but rather than get wet externally I chose to stay put and wet my insides instead!

The crowd was down from Friday. I think there are a number of reasons for this. Having already raced on Friday another on Monday and a further home meeting on Friday can get a little expensive even with a discount for the middle match. these schedules make no sense to me? The weather would not have helped and I think the England Ladies were playing in the World Cup. A lot would save a tenner and watch from the comfort of there arm chair. Another factor could be our recent home record. The crowd I would say was 1/2 to 2/3rds down from Friday. I personally went because I cannot make next Friday and always prefer to watch at the track (you can see so much more).

I thought the meeting itself had some good racing despite the conditions and Lingrens poor showing.

I hope the person removed from the main stand by the medical team is ok.

the screaming imbecile - "Kennett's showing what he can do tonight scoring 10+ in a meeting when he's on form...."

Erm!!

Edward Kennett - EF, 3, 3, Fx = 6
Right!!! :t:
  • Like 1

the screaming imbecile - "Kennett's showing what he can do tonight scoring 10+ in a meeting when he's on form...."

Erm!!

Edward Kennett - EF, 3, 3, Fx = 6

Right!!! :t:

Didn't you know that 10 is Sky's favourite number? ;)
  • Like 2

It's a stupid way to do it. Charge those there the other day less. Peterborough on Wednesday is odd too - if you have an offer make it available to everyone. At first I thought Swindon buy in advance but not on the day was odd but it worked and thinking about it, I like it. People have to commit before the day/weather - and its too easy to get home from work, cook the tea and decide, "sod it, cant be bothered".

British Speedway should introduce a "Sky meetings for a fiver" offer but ONLY if bought in advance.

Just looked at the Peterborough offer, and it seems and odd one I agree. I got slightly confused reading it. I was skeptical about the "advance" partof the Swindon offer though, and that worked a treat, so best to see how it works first.

Leicester seem to have done a good one, with adverts offering £7.50 admission with the voucher, plus vouchers fro a free hotdog and a free pint. Be interesting to see how many they get in for that.

It's clear that people tend to stay away from Sky matches on normal admission, but give them a good offer and they will come.

They should use these Sky matches as a form of promoting the sport and get people in for them. And even if only a handful come back, they've made gains.

Didn't you know that 10 is Sky's favourite number? ;)

He had to get a 10 in somewhere,probably got a fine.!!!!!!!!!

I don't know whether it was just because we've been spoilt by the last 2 weeks of tv speedway or I just wasn't in the mood but I thought it was very poor. the only high points being pearson winding up tatum and the crazy young pole. even the cameras were having trouble following the first few races. another black night for the elite league.