British Speedway Forum
Mauger_Magic

Newcastle Diamonds V Scunthorpe Scorpions Pl 28th June, 6.30

Isn't this the PLKOC 2nd leg in which case 48-42 wouldn't be enough, However think Newcastle will win by a wee bit more then 6

Isn't this the PLKOC 2nd leg in which case 48-42 wouldn't be enough, However think Newcastle will win by a wee bit more then 6

Yes it is, and we need to overcome your 16 point advantage from the away leg. I think we will win but it might be a bit tight. We need all 7 Diamonds to be on song now they are all back, if so we might just steal it.

Yeah, seem to remember us pulling back a lot more than this a couple of years back agin. the Tigers to eventually reach the final. { Or was that the year the Rebels scuppered us?} Anyway time will tell if we can de-sting the Scorpions and progress this year. Fingers, as always, firmly crossed.

• Like 1

Newcastle

1.Lewis Kerr

2.Anton Rosen

3.Steve Worrall

4.Christian Henry

5.Ludvig Lindgren

6.Simon Nielsen

7.Lewis Rose

Scunthorpe

1. Josh Auty or Guest
2. Theo Pijper
3. Ryan Douglas or R/R
4. Carl Wilkinson
5. Alex Davies
6. Ben Wilson
7. Nike Lunna

This is the second leg of the Premier League Knock Out Cup. The first leg finished Scunthorpe 53 Newcastle 37 Scunthorpe have a 16 point advantage before a wheel is turned at Brough Park on the 28th June.

I think the Newcastle team of "second strings" are showing one or two who are becoming heatleaders, Steve and Ludde.

Christian has been a bit "off" in last few weeks. If he can hit 8 or 9 against the Scorpions and the rest score what they usually manage at home, then I can see us winning by 20 points which will be enough to get us through to the next round

Edited by dantodan

Yeah, won't be easy, but do-able,,, don't think Newcastle have an easy cup route after this :-(,,,

get past the Scorps and have some tasty ties to look forward to, is it Glasgow then more than likely Edinburgh ??? :-)

1. Josh Auty or Guest

I don't think Josh will be back yet... I think he's still got metalwork in his hand.

He's hoping to be back for Scunny's next home meeting on July 10th.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Sorry I thought it was until another site said PL.

Sorry I thought it was until another site said PL.

You are right Mauger_Magic, BSPA website, UPCOMING FIXTURES... Has it down as PL!

You are right Mauger_Magic, BSPA website, UPCOMING FIXTURES... Has it down as PL!

Does it not replace the 'washed out' fixture from May,,, maybe some silly sausage has forgot to update everything ;-)

Guest WTF1

Fancy a Scunny win to be honest.

Now that is funny! :lol:

Now that is funny! :lol:

Yes I raised an eyebrow too. How anyone can forecast Scunny winning on sunday is beyond me. The only question is, can the diamonds win by more than 16 points and go through to the next round. I think they will do it but I am a little bit biased. Steve is usually in double figures and Ludde should score heavily too. Lewis Kerr has had a few bad rides but he too can hit 12 points or more. Christian has been a bit hit n miss but when the chips are down he usually gets stuck in and gets the points. Our reserves Simon and Lewis R are doing fine.

That leaves Anton Rosen.. back from injury and riding well. Anton is a class rider hopefully he can make some starts against a weaker side -Scunthorpe and his points will better what we had been getting from R/R when he was missing through injury

The KO Cup is now our main competition, the League Cup and Premier League look beyond our reach so come on lads lets win the KO Cup so brush Scunny aside on Sunday and set us up on a cup run

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 1