British Speedway Forum
Wiseguy

Exeter Falcons V Cradley Heathens 26/06/2015

Nobody knew just how this meeting would go except that Rob Doran and Alan Spencer were taking a big risk just putting it on. But after a wet afternoon and worries over traffic chaos on the M5 it turned into a glorious evening, a 700 plus crowd, and plenty of fantastic racing. The Heathens put on a terrific show, but this was all about the Falcons' fans coming together after ten years and proving that there is still a big demand for speedway in Exeter.

Thank you Cradley for showing us what can be achieved. The Falcons are coming back!

Great pictures Ian.

• Like 1

Would be good if the Plymouth promotion would allow the Falcons to stage a meeting at the SBA.

Well done to both teams. Good to see you back.

A Good crowd Between 500-600 Najjer thought you might of come along some good racing

A Good crowd Between 500-600 Najjer thought you might of come along some good racing

I was busy sleeping before working an overnight shift at Glastonbury Festival!

ReRun filmed the meeting and a request has been received to use some of the footage for a TV report. Hopefully if that happens it will give you a fair bit of extra publicity.

Congratulations to all involved. The meeting built to a peak and heat 15 was tremendous.

By the way, in all my years of filming I don't think I've ever come across a group as friendly and accomodating as the Exeter management. You have a great group of people there heading your return to the sport.

• Like 1

By the way, in all my years of filming I don't think I've ever come across a group as friendly and accomodating as the Exeter management. You have a great group of people there heading your return to the sport.

Thanks Tony I've just spoken to Rob & he wishes to thank you for doing the filming and he can't wait for the dvd to come out

Edited by idh

Now that the tills have all been officially checked the attendance was actually in excess of 700. You can imagine how pleased Rob and Alan are with that!!

• Like 1

Well done to all concerned. I hope you get your own track before too long.

On a similar matter, what happened with the proposed track at Bristol?

TonyofBrum BBC1 Spotlight South West used a little bit of your footage on their news programme this evening along with a piece on the Falcons' history and our efforts to get a new track. You can get it on I-player. Thank you for your nice comments. We are all looking forward to the DVD.

• Like 1