British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gee jay

Rye House V Eastbourne

I'm finally going to get to see the eagles 'live' this Saturday, so lets have some predictions so I know who to blame on the long drive home if I'm not in a happy place.

also is there any aggregate/bonus points up for grabs with this meeting or is it just a straight shootout on the night?

Aggregate bonus point doesn't exist anymore. Is a National Trophy meeting and normal league scoring applies: 3 for home win, 1 for home draw, 2 for away draw, 1 for away loss by 6 or less, 3 for away win 1-6 & 4 for away win 7+.

Aggregate bonus point doesn't exist anymore. Is a National Trophy meeting and normal league scoring applies: 3 for home win, 1 for home draw, 2 for away draw, 1 for away loss by 6 or less, 3 for away win 1-6 & 4 for away win 7+.

thanks islander .

• Like 1

If our riders aren't all clicking like Sunday it seemed like something was missing from them then it should be a rye house win, however if Wilson Dean is fully fit again then we should be good and he's sorted his equipment out. If Bates does what he did Sunday then we will be laughing and wood needs a couple more points likewise with Andrews. As for Rye is Branford back yet?

If our riders aren't all clicking like Sunday it seemed like something was missing from them then it should be a rye house win, however if Wilson Dean is fully fit again then we should be good and he's sorted his equipment out. If Bates does what he did Sunday then we will be laughing and wood needs a couple more points likewise with Andrews. As for Rye is Branford back yet?

it's interesting to read what you say as from a distance it seems like maybe not the wheels coming off exactly but certainly a bit of the sparkle has gone surrounding eastbourne for some reason. it's Wednesday now and the meeting report from last sunday has only just appeared on the website, problems with the track preparation, fans having a dig at each other and others calling things from the terracing and rumours of a very discontented rider, all on the back of a very poor showing at the fours. I hope everyone is going to stick together.

Rumours surrounding Kelsey are just speculation really I can't see him walking from speedway. Something seemed different with the track last Sunday but Martin was talking about changing it between now and 19th July I read somewhere. I think that we just had a slightly off Meeting Sunday but we still won so something is being done right. The team is pretty solid.

States on the Edinburgh website that Rob Branford will be sitting out this weekend. So don't be surprised that Rye will be looking at using Ben Morley as a guest.

• Like 1

Rumours surrounding Kelsey are just speculation really I can't see him walking from speedway. Something seemed different with the track last Sunday but Martin was talking about changing it between now and 19th July I read somewhere. I think that we just had a slightly off Meeting Sunday but we still won so something is being done right. The team is pretty solid.

good to hear, I'm really looking forward to Saturday. weather forecast is good only rain predicted is dinnertime Friday.

• Like 1

Why use Morley ?? You got Greenwood at reserve in prem and no 1 at Cov.

Depends who is about

Why use Morley ?? You got Greenwood at reserve in prem and no 1 at Cov.

Because Morley is better round Rye.

• Like 2

Pity Rob has to miss but luckily because of his high average guests are readily available , Greenwoods average is too high and Ellis is riding elsewhere so Morley a good shout , nobody in the Eastbpurne team will take a point off him around Rye.

Junior

Danny Halsey to guest for the Raiders I've been told

I dont think the wheels have come off at all, i think that the win against Birmingham was great, They are top of the table, they have won everything in front of them so far this year, Eastbourne are the only club to beat them apart from cradley at the start of the year but they share the same track, and we beat them fair and square, it would have been more if the BWD machine had been 100%. 2 falls for him which was another 4 points if he had stayed in his postion, Dugard falling off on a 5-1 which turned out to be a 3-2 so really it could have been 8 points but that all ifs and buts.

I think it was a good win for Eastbourne, Looking forward to Rye house meeting so we move up the table if we are lucky to have a win.