British Speedway Forum
HagueyUK

Speedway Kodi Video Add-on

RMC :t: We love your use of the word "Currently" :D

Many things happening behind the scenes to bring you other things YouTube and others "currently" do not. :rofl:

• Like 1

RMC :t: We love your use of the word "Currently" :D

Many things happening behind the scenes to bring you other things YouTube and others "currently" do not. :rofl:

I have faith that this is only the start of your work and while I wanted to explain where you are now I didn't want to suggest that you weren't going to develop further.

It is tricky to generate original video content though but I wish you well. I've done a fair bit myself over the years, although not for a while now.

Hi, I have an Android phone, HTC One M7, what could this do for me? I do not have home broadband, only mobile internet on my mobile .....

is it a data muncher?

Hi Shale, I haven't tried it on that phone, however it does run well on a HTC One M8, and from the specs of the M7 it's not far away from that model.

The software is free, and as you are on Android you could get KODI from Google play store. Then just install the repo and Speedway add-on.

So I would say yes it would run fine on that. I have it running on a Samsung S4 with no problems at all.

In regards to the data issue, it depends on how much you watch. Obviously when you are on a WiFi connection it's not costing anything data wise, but on 3G it's the same as watching videos on YouTube. So that would have to be monitored by you .

Many thanks

Andy

Edited by SpeedwayKODI

Hi Shale, I haven't tried it on that phone, however it does run well on a HTC One M8, and from the specs of the M7 it's not far away from that model.

The software is free, and as you are on Android you could get KODI from Google play store. Then just install the repo and Speedway add-on.

So I would say yes it would run fine on that. I have it running on a Samsung S4 with no problems at all.

In regards to the data issue, it depends on how much you watch. Obviously when you are on a WiFi connection it's not costing anything data wise, but on 3G it's the same as watching videos on YouTube. So that would have to be monitored by you .

Many thanks

Andy

Can you download videos on wi fi, and then watch later?

Unfortunately not, it is purely a streaming add-on at present with no facility to download.

Ok, does the user have the ability to choose the quality of a stream? I can choose the quality of stream with the method I use now, so watching a full length GP uses less than 800gb, less than 1gig and are the video sizes displayed before playing?

Sorry for all my questions, but I have used some useless stuff in the past....

No not at all. Ok, so it is only 1 stream, and that is the best quality that could be found for that video. However, in the description of each video the quality info is displayed, so you can see the quality before you click to watch it.

I have a fire stick that I launch TV Add on from. TV Add on says it's by Kodi, so how do I add the speedway one? Cheers

Hi Hammer, go into kodi on the firestick, then follow the instructions on the website www.speedwaykodi.com under the section GET SPEEDWAY KODI. You don't need to do section 1, just 2 and 3.

Any problems come back to me and I can message you with further instructions

Andy

We have exciting news re this Thursdays Speedway Tavern. We have teamed up with 'speedway kodi' to run a competition. Speedway kodi is an app that runs across multi platforms that provide many many speedway video's. Including matches GP's great races and so on. (It actually has a video that features our very own, and by that I mean Birmingham, Andy Grahame that I came across by mistake.)

They are giving away as the prize an Android T8 smart box that is worth £100. This was kindly provided by http://entertainmentbox.com and we thank them very much. The box will come with speedwaykodi pre-installed. To find out more about speedway kodi please visit there website at: -

http://speedwaykodi.com

This really is a fantastic prize and I urge you all to log on to the show on Thursday at 8pm.

There is a picture up of the prize on our web site of the box http://sports-radio.co.uk and here is a link to a video about the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLbFBIAhMXY#t=25

The competition itself will consist of questions about speedway and will be based upon the catogories within speedway kodi. Andy will also be coming on the show so if you have any questions this would be a great opportunity. If you are a member of any fans forums then please feel free to copy and paste this post.

We are really excited about this and the only thing that dampens my enthusiasm is that I cant win the damn thing as I am setting the questions. :-[

Edited by guitar_art

Thanks mate. Will give it a whirl tonight.

Hi Hammer, go into kodi on the firestick, then follow the instructions on the website www.speedwaykodi.com under the section GET SPEEDWAY KODI. You don't need to do section 1, just 2 and 3.

Any problems come back to me and I can message you with further instructions

Andy

Don't forget tonight 8pm sports-radio.co.uk

For your chance to win an android box worth £100 and watch speedway kodi in the best possible way.

Big congratulations for Mr Brian Ricketts for winning the competition tonight. Good fun.