British Speedway Forum
HagueyUK

Speedway Kodi Video Add-on

Today I have downloaded the Android App to my Nexus 7 and after a few tries managed to get it working.

The app has now changed from 14.2 to 15, it was a little different so took me a while.

Us old ones can still do it !

Hi Peatbog, glad you got it going in the end. Did you download KODI from Play Store? If so I believe they have the 15 version instead of 14.2

Let me know how you get on with the add-on and if there is anything you can suggest to make it better!

Andy

HI guys, SPEEDWAY KODI has now re-branded and will be known as SPEEDWAY PORTAL from now on.

Please visit us on our website www.speedwayportal.com

Or follow us on twitter @SpeedwayPortal

Andy

Edited by Speedway Portal

SPEEDWAY PORTAL is delighted to announce that it has teamed up with its 1st official club and will be working with ISLAND SPEEDWAY, and ISLAND SPEEDWAY will be the first club to have its own "channel" section in SPEEDWAY PORTAL.

For more information about this news, please visit :

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Island-Speedway/397385410444345

Andy

Also, more media has been added to SPEEDWAY PORTAL.

Awesome job Andy. Works perfectly for me on my Archlinux and Ubuntu boxes (running MythTV frontends) and my Galaxy Note 2 running CyanogenMod.

All the Kodi Speedway add-on is doing currently is acting as a very useful index for You Tube speedway clips.

That may be all it is doing, but it took me a lot less time to view the howto video and install the software than it would have done to find all of these clips. Particularly as even at this early stage with minimal content there are clips that I have just enjoyed (or will be when I get time) that I wouldn't even have thought of looking for. For a lot of folks, particularly those that are not tech savvie, I think "very useful" may be quite a sizeable understatement.

Thank you very much Tabashir, really glad you managed to download and install it ok, and even more pleased you are enjoying it. This is exactly what our aim for the user is to do.

Also, half of the sections are now currently on the SPEEDWAYPORTAL website to access as well. We are working hard to make all the app content available on the website also, just a matter of time.

There is much going on behind the scenes daily that is even more exciting than the current content on there like our 1st official club ISLAND SPEEDWAY CHANNEL that will be active soon.

Your user comments and suggestions/ideas are most welcome to help us improve.

Many thanks and keep on enjoying.

Andy

SPEEDWAY PORTAL has been chosen to be included in the Kodi "WOOKIE" wizard premium version, making it easier for all to download and install.

Andy

Thank you very much Tabashir, really glad you managed to download and install it ok, and even more pleased you are enjoying it. This is exactly what our aim for the user is to do.

Also, half of the sections are now currently on the SPEEDWAYPORTAL website to access as well. We are working hard to make all the app content available on the website also, just a matter of time.

There is much going on behind the scenes daily that is even more exciting than the current content on there like our 1st official club ISLAND SPEEDWAY CHANNEL that will be active soon.

Your user comments and suggestions/ideas are most welcome to help us improve.

Many thanks and keep on enjoying.

Andy

I've installed v15 (Windows 7) but when I try to run it I just get "ERROR unable to create GUI exiting".

Any help would be appreciated

Hi tigerthommo, can I confirm. Windows 7 with KODI V15?

I suggest uninstalling Kodi v15, and installing V14.2 "HELIX" from www.kodi.tv/downloads

Scroll down the page age 14.2 is there.

It may be an incompatibility between Windows 7 and the new kodi v15

Let me know how you get on.

Andy

Edited by Speedway Portal

Hi tigerthommo, can I confirm. Windows 7 with KODI V15?

I suggest uninstalling Kodi v15, and installing V14.2 "HELIX" from www.kodi.tv/downloads

Scroll down the page age 14.2 is there.

It may be an incompatibility between Windows 7 and the new kodi v15

Let me know how you get on.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Same error again I'm afraid.

Hi tigerthommo, very sorry for the late reply. My mistake.

Can you let me know if you are still having the problem and I will have a word to the team and see if we can come up with a fix.

Also for now, the portal is also becoming available on our website www.speedwayportal.com

At present half of the catigories are live on there and the others are being added asap.

Many thanks

Andy

• Like 1

Hi tigerthommo, very sorry for the late reply. My mistake.

Can you let me know if you are still having the problem and I will have a word to the team and see if we can come up with a fix.

Also for now, the portal is also becoming available on our website www.speedwayportal.com

At present half of the catigories are live on there and the others are being added asap.

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

Just tried installing Kodi 16.0 "Jarvis" and its exactly the same error. So that's 14.2, 15.0 and 16.0 showing "ERROR unable to create GUI exiting".

That's really strange tiger.

Let me have a word to the "techies" and I will come back to you. In the mean time most sections are now live on the website until we get this sorted for you.

Andy

Hi tigerthommo, it seems that it is a driver issue with your graphics card. If you update your drivers then it should solve the problem you are having. Here is a link to a YouTube video explaining how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqsluCmj1Ds

Do let me know how you get on. Many thanks

Andy

Hi tigerthommo, it seems that it is a driver issue with your graphics card. If you update your drivers then it should solve the problem you are having. Here is a link to a YouTube video explaining how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqsluCmj1Ds

Do let me know how you get on. Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I've updated as you suggested and everything seems OK now.

Many Thanks